Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dad's collection on my report in error.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dad's collection on my report in error.

Help.

My dad and I have the same name and he cosigned for my sister's uverse account and she went to default.  Somehow it was reported uner my social security number.  I called uverse and they corrected it and said they sent a letter to the collections company.  I've been calling both the collections company and Uverse over a month now and each says irs the others responsibility to remove it from my credit score.  It dropped my score almost 100 points.  Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dad's collection on my report in error.

Get both the OC and the CA to write you (no calls!) to the effect that they are reporting in error. Then mail in a dispute with a copy of their letters. Minus the letters (IMO, the most important letter would be from whomever reports this debt), it would likely get verified.

Message 2 of 5
p-
Valued Contributor

Do you have a copy of the letter from Uverse?  Mail it with your dispute letter to the CB's and they will remove it.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you

Message 4 of 5
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you

good luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.