Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darn OC and CA!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Darn OC and CA!!!

First of all let me start by saying I know this was my fault and if I would have paid it in the first place I wouldn' t be going through this now.   (there is a question at the end of all this Smiley Tongue

So this is the last CA I have on my report.  (I've mentioned them numerous times) Smiley Tongue
I first contacted the OC who told me to contact the CA.  I did, paid the CA.    Before I knew all the goody about hipaa.     Well since this was paid I had sent a gw to the OC and I finally got a response.

They say basically that I should have paid the collection in the first place.   2nd they consulted with the CA and although it does not change my score it does help because it is paid.  
3.  Once it is reported to the cra it cannot be removed  !@#%?!    4. "Also, keep in mind from what I have been told ; your credit score may decrease if your report is pulled too often."     Bullmalarkee!!

Ok I am really frustrated. I just want to send her a letter and say you are full of poop!
So ofcourse I will be starting the hipaa process on Monday.  Hopefully I have not ruined that by sending payment to the CA.  I am certain this OC and CA will fight it and if there is anyway around it they will be the ones to find it.

So finally my question is this.   This is my only CA.  However my DH has this SAME CA for about 4 med accounts.  Some paid some not.   So do you think I should do all of our accts with this CA at the same time or spread it out???

Please wish me luck.  I am really worried about this one.
Thanks and sorry this was so long Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Darn OC and CA!!!

In reality, it doesn't matter who you pay when it comes to med collections. Often times we recommend to never communicate with the CAs and for good reasons. Just get them paid! You will NOT lose your HIPAA protection by paying the CA. Once they are marked as paid use the pre-HIPAA letter and send it CMRRR to the CRAs. GL and let us know how it goes!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Fused!  I have already paid this acct to the CA.  I will be sending the pre Hipaa letter Monday.
Do you think it makes any difference concering DH's acct with this same CA?  Should I do them all at once or just start with mine?

Thanks again!
Message 3 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Keep yours separate (envelops that is) from DH's. DH can send all four of his disputes on separate letters in one envelop...remember to CMRRR everything.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I will definetly mail ours seperately.  And just to be sure I made myself clear.  Do you think it makes any difference if I do both of ours (since it is the same CA) and hit them all at once or space them out?
Message 5 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Do them all now, they want the money and you want these paid so you can then go after the OC for a delete later on.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.  Thanks again Fused.  I appreciate all of your help.
Message 7 of 10
Rese
New Contributor

What about if you have more than one pre hippa to send to the same CRA. If they are all mine can they go in the same envelope??
Message 8 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

You can use one envelop, but just make sure all disputes are on separate letters and you send them CMRRR.
Message 9 of 10
Rese
New Contributor

Thank You soooo much Fused!!!! You just made my day.Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.