Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Point: Fico 8 Improvement by deletion of two 30 day lates from Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Point: Fico 8 Improvement by deletion of two 30 day lates from Capital One

Hi there, I just wanted to post some results for future reference.  I asked Capital One to delete two 30 day late payment events that occured 14 months ago on a now-paid off auto loan.   They approved it and sent me a confirmation letter.

Experian made the change to my report right away based on Capital One action, no intervention needed by me.   Transunion and Equifax both had me file a dispute along with the letter. 

Both my Experian and now my Transunion Fico 8 scores have gone up by 4 points as a result (each exactly 4 points).  I'm waiting on Equifax still.  My situation is that these two lates, along with one 30 day mortgage late, are the only baddies in the last few years.  Score went from high 600's on both CRA's records to just over 700 on Transunion side (706) and up to 690 on Experian.

I'll report back the effect on Fico mortgage scores next week when those refresh on my monthly tri-report.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Data Point: Fico 8 Improvement by deletion of two 30 day lates from Capital One

Wow getting a GW out of Cap1 on something so new is a feat unto itself. Congrats and thanks for the info,
Message 2 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Data Point: Fico 8 Improvement by deletion of two 30 day lates from Capital One

Holy Smokes! You dont see this at all. Should be stickied on top of the page for hope from Cap1. Smiley Happy Go after that last late on the mortgage since your on a roll and that will really raise your scores being the last one. Congrats!

Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very niceSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! CapitalOne is supposed to be one of the hardest to work with for goodwill letters.  They almost NEVER approve.  You must have just sent the letter to the exact right person.  If the mortgage is also through CapitalOne, I would see about trying to send the goodwill letter to that same person (if you even know who it was).

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.