Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Points on Apple Card from Goldman-Sachs

tag
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

Data Points on Apple Card from Goldman-Sachs

Read a news report that Goldman-Sachs was approving subprime scores for the new Apple Card.
If you have an iPhone you can apply.
Android users are out of luck.
The card loads automatically to your iPhone Wallet for use with ApplePay and if requested they’ll also send out a titanium card for use where ApplePay isn’t offered.
I received an invitation to apply and the app only required the last four of my SSN.
I TOOK THE BAIT.
I was approved for a starting CL of only $500 but you can’t sneeze at an offering from GS.
Now to see if it grows with responsible use.
24 REPLIES 24
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Re: Data Points on Apple Card from Goldman-Sachs

How does having an iPhone help?

I asked them to NOTIFY me on their info website, but have not received anything yet

Message 2 of 25
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Yeah i signed up for notification and have not heard anything and i have 2 iPhones.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 3 of 25
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

How does having an iPhone help?

I asked them to NOTIFY me on their info website, but have not received anything yet

I read somewhere that in order to apply for the card you must have an iPhone. Sort of makes sense as it's an Apple product, stored in Apple's "Wallet" and used with Apple Pay and backed by Goldman-Sachs. The application is performed through the Wallet app and uses already stored information to make the process quick.

I signed up for notification months ago as a Beta Tester...maybe that has something to do with my invite.

They only ask for the last four of your SSN but it immediately showed up as a hard pull on TU.

There's a lot of Apple info available here

There's even more useful info here

Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 25
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

It says iOS 12.4 is required to use the Apple Card, but what about to apply for it?

I followed the MacRumors guide and I don't have the Apple Card option when I go to "add card" in my Wallet App.

Message 5 of 25
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

It says iOS 12.4 is required to use the Apple Card, but what about to apply for it?

I followed the MacRumors guide and I don't have the Apple Card option when I go to "add card" in my Wallet App.

Not sure how to help...I received an email that stated, "GET EARLY ACCESS TO APPLE CARD. UPDATE TO iOS 12.4 TO APPLY."

In the body of the email it stated, "YOUR INVITATION TO GET EARLY ACCESS TO APPLE CARD."

Message 6 of 25
wantitgone
Contributor

Just for information purposes: I have an iPhone, went into the wallet and click the little 3 dots to add a new card and it says Apple card there. It let me apply, I was denied due to recent BK, but I did not get a hard pull on my report and it's been 6 days now.

FICO 8 on 5/31/19 ~~ EQ: 608, TU: 545, EX: 585
BK 7 DC 7/9/19
FICO 8 on 01/31/2023 ~~ EQ: 693, TU: 677, EX: 678

NFCU CLOC $1,000

Apple Card 4,500
Williams Sonoma $1,250
NFCU CashRewards $2,500
NFCU Flagship $12,100
Navy Federal Platinum $25,000
PenFed Pathfinder $12,500
Kemba CU Platinum $3,500
Amazon Store Card (Synchrony) $1500
Paypal Credit $850
Capital One QS $2,000
Capital One Spark $2,000
Overstock Store Card $2,150

AAoA: EQ - 7y9mo, TU - 7y8mo, EX - 5yr7mo (as of 01/31/2023); INQ are 2 EQ, 6 TU, and 5 EX.

New Auto Loan with NFCU (May 2022): 32k for 3.49%/60 months

My DPs: as of January 2023, I am full-time employed, 55k/year, 2 federal consolidated loans plus 3 new student loans, had perfect payment history with 0 derogs until 90 day lates prior to filing BK in March 2019.
Message 7 of 25
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

I tried doing that in the wallet app but no Apple card pops up

Message 8 of 25
credit2019
New Contributor

I tried applying, but they use TU (exclusively), and the TU unfreeze site was down the entire day (8/12) and is still down as of this writing on 8/13.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I doubt I'll get much of a CL if I'm approved at all, but it's worth a shot I suppse.

Message 9 of 25
babyeyes00
Regular Contributor

Same here.  I dont see anything Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 555
Current Score: 685
Goal Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.