Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Points on Apple Card from Goldman-Sachs

tag
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Re: Data Points on Apple Card from Goldman-Sachs

@Credit2019 TU is always having technical difficulties. You should call them on the phone to lift the freeze. Sometimes you have to talk to a person to do it, but it's relatively easy. If you're waiting for them to get their technical house in order, then you'll be waiting a long time.

Anyway, I am glad they are pulling TU. I have nearly finished cleaning up my TU report and paying down my open balances. This might end up being a good card for me.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasguppie wrote:

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

How does having an iPhone help?

I asked them to NOTIFY me on their info website, but have not received anything yet

I read somewhere that in order to apply for the card you must have an iPhone. Sort of makes sense as it's an Apple product, stored in Apple's "Wallet" and used with Apple Pay and backed by Goldman-Sachs. The application is performed through the Wallet app and uses already stored information to make the process quick.

I signed up for notification months ago as a Beta Tester...maybe that has something to do with my invite.

They only ask for the last four of your SSN but it immediately showed up as a hard pull on TU.

There's a lot of Apple info available here

There's even more useful info here

Hope that helps.

It’s a SP until you accept, only then does it become a hard pull.

It’s being rolled out in stages- you need to have an iPhone with iOS 12.4 to be eligible to receive the offer.

I’m surprised this thread hasn’t been moved yet. Tons of posts about the Apple Card in the Credit Cards, Credit Card Applications, & Credit Card Approval forums...

Message 12 of 25
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@texasguppie wrote:

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

How does having an iPhone help?

I asked them to NOTIFY me on their info website, but have not received anything yet

I read somewhere that in order to apply for the card you must have an iPhone. Sort of makes sense as it's an Apple product, stored in Apple's "Wallet" and used with Apple Pay and backed by Goldman-Sachs. The application is performed through the Wallet app and uses already stored information to make the process quick.

I signed up for notification months ago as a Beta Tester...maybe that has something to do with my invite.

They only ask for the last four of your SSN but it immediately showed up as a hard pull on TU.

There's a lot of Apple info available here

There's even more useful info here

Hope that helps.

It’s a SP until you accept, only then does it become a hard pull.

It’s being rolled out in stages- you need to have an iPhone with iOS 12.4 to be eligible to receive the offer.

I’m surprised this thread hasn’t been moved yet. Tons of posts about the Apple Card in the Credit Cards, Credit Card Applications, & Credit Card Approval forums...

Good morning!

I'll assume it has been left here as I'm in the rebuilding process and I was approved with less than perfect scores. I'm appreciative of the opportunity Apple/Goldman-Sachs gave me even with a small SL. I'm only a few months from closing my CreditOne accounts and looking forward to a much brighter credit future!

Message 13 of 25
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

I got my application all submitted and got to the final step in Wallet App on my iPhone.

It takes me to a blank white screen that says Apple Pay at the top and nothing else happens. It seems like the final step but it won't go any further. I have tried force quitting/force re-booting my phone and still the same thing happens.

Message 14 of 25
credit2019
New Contributor

A couple of fun data points on this. I was just denied for the apple card.  My FICO 8 is from Transunion, which is the only report I thought they used, was 658 when I last checked.  But the email said my "credit score" (not sure which agency) was 587. I don't know if that was my FICO from TU, what model they used (FICO 8 or 9, or maybe it wasn't FICO at all because it doesn't say) or even if it was actually from TU.  The FAQ says something about Fico 9, but who actually knows.

In the denial section, they say they relied on both TU and a company I had never heard of called SageStream LLC.  I checked this company out; they have a website from 1995, and when I called to place a freeze on this report that I never knew existed, it had me leave my information on what sounded like an answering machine.  Basically they are purposely going to make it difficult to impossible to place a freeze or get a copy of your report or dispute anything, because they're a small CRA and they'll lose money when you freeze your file.  The website says something about having to do things through snail mail.  

I believe the incredibly low score they quoted is from this "SageStream" company, because I don't have a 587 credit score.  This specialty CRA crap really needs to end.  Now.  So if you haven't checked your "SageStream" credit score, and I don't even know if that's actually possible to do, you should probably not apply for the Apple card.

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasguppie wrote:
Read a news report that Goldman-Sachs was approving subprime scores for the new Apple Card.
If you have an iPhone you can apply.
Android users are out of luck.
The card loads automatically to your iPhone Wallet for use with ApplePay and if requested they’ll also send out a titanium card for use where ApplePay isn’t offered.
I received an invitation to apply and the app only required the last four of my SSN.
I TOOK THE BAIT.
I was approved for a starting CL of only $500 but you can’t sneeze at an offering from GS.
Now to see if it grows with responsible use.

Congrats!

Yours is actually the first BK approval I have seen that is less than 3 years from file date.

Message 16 of 25
1deringone

texasguppie,

Thank you for posting this. I am rebuilding and was approved. I understand the statement date is first of the month. The due date is last day of the month. I have inquired but not able to find information on the reporting date. I guess it would be important to have low utilization (3-9% but definitely under 30%) for about a week including the first day of the month.

If you find a pattern, please post.
Message 17 of 25
Harmony12
Frequent Contributor

credit2019,

I noticed the same thing with my scores. The only score that comes close to what was provided is my FICO 5,4,2 mortgage scores.

I was also denied the card for recent past due and recent charge off. I haven't had a past due or charge off in over a year.

Starting CK FAKOS 6/28/2018
TU 503
EQ 498
Discover EX 537

FICO 8
7/7/18 05/24/21
EQ 557 701
TU 566 715
EX 514 711

Mortgage Scores FICO 5,4,2
7/7/18 05/24/21
EQ 494 685
TU 480 703
EX 479 693

Goal Score 720
Message 18 of 25
credit2019
New Contributor

@Harmony12 wrote:

credit2019,

I noticed the same thing with my scores. The only score that comes close to what was provided is my FICO 5,4,2 mortgage scores.

I was also denied the card for recent past due and recent charge off. I haven't had a past due or charge off in over a year.

Yes, I'm not actually sure what on earth happened there.  I'm starting to wonder if there was some sort of glitch, or if the score came from SageStream.  I have been looking ever since, and none of my scores match what they came up with.  I don't have any recent past due or recent charge offs, and they still denied me.  I'm not sure what in my file is causing these problems.  I was even recently added as an AU to a family member's $10K credit limit card that has a $12 balance on it, which dropped my utilization from like 88% to 30%.  It didn't move my score even a single point.  Something is wrong, I just don't know what it is.

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

after a few weeks today i've decided to apply with a transunion score of 697 and 40,000 in debt but never late and was approved for 15,000 

I

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.