Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data point: Increase in Mortgage Scores from GW Removal of two 30 Day Lates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data point: Increase in Mortgage Scores from GW Removal of two 30 Day Lates

Hello- thought I'd add to the data contained here in the chance it is helpful.

So I went on a GW campaign to have some lates removed from my report.  Short story: due to two sudden deaths in my family in early 2018, I got a little behind on some accounts.  I had two 30 day lates with Cap One Auto Finance, one 30 day late with Fifth Third (my mortgage company), and one 30 day late with Avant (personal line of credit).  They are all grouped in roughly the same time frame.

I wrote to the President's Office at Cap One Auto Finance, and they promptly agreed to remove the two 30 day lates.  With nothing else changing, my Mortgage Scores went up a wee bit:  Transunion: 6 points (675),  Equifax: 4 points (658), Experian:  6 points (667).  Not huge movement, but every point counts right now for me right now as I try to get my mid mortgage score to 680.

Fifth Third and Avant are crickets- I got a generic letter from Fifth Third with a print out of the entire history of my account (entirely not helpful).

I'll use AZEO to get the rest of the way there (hopefully).  By November I should have my revolvers paid down and maximum effect on mortgage scores as a result.  Wish me luck!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
martypav7
Contributor

Re: Data point: Increase in Mortgage Scores from GW Removal of two 30 Day Lates

Do you mind PM me who did you contact at Cap One
Message 2 of 6
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello- thought I'd add to the data contained here in the chance it is helpful.

So I went on a GW campaign to have some lates removed from my report.  Short story: due to two sudden deaths in my family in early 2018, I got a little behind on some accounts.  I had two 30 day lates with Cap One Auto Finance, one 30 day late with Fifth Third (my mortgage company), and one 30 day late with Avant (personal line of credit).  They are all grouped in roughly the same time frame.

I wrote to the President's Office at Cap One Auto Finance, and they promptly agreed to remove the two 30 day lates.  With nothing else changing, my Mortgage Scores went up a wee bit:  Transunion: 6 points (675),  Equifax: 4 points (658), Experian:  6 points (667).  Not huge movement, but every point counts right now for me right now as I try to get my mid mortgage score to 680.

Fifth Third and Avant are crickets- I got a generic letter from Fifth Third with a print out of the entire history of my account (entirely not helpful).

I'll use AZEO to get the rest of the way there (hopefully).  By November I should have my revolvers paid down and maximum effect on mortgage scores as a result.  Wish me luck!

AZEO has a big effect on your mortgage scores.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is off topic maybe but I'm new here and trying to learn all of these abbreviations that are used. What is AZEO if you don't mind?
Message 4 of 6
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
This is off topic maybe but I'm new here and trying to learn all of these abbreviations that are used. What is AZEO if you don't mind?

AZEO= All Zero Except One. Meaning all but one of your credit cards/revolvers report for optimal scoring. AZEO plus having utilization less than 8.9% will give you the most optimal score, especially on FICO 2, 4, and 5 (Mortage versions).

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for taking the time to explain.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.