Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date for fall off changed after payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date for fall off changed after payment

Hello... I recently came across this board and am amazed at the volume of info on this site...thank you so much! Anyhoo. Smiley Happy  I've recently graduated from school and make considerably more money than I used to so I'm fixing all the screw ups I made. I've paid of everything on my credit that was passed due or sent to collections. My issue is that the date that those things were scheduled to fall of have changed to 7 years from now instead of in the couple of years they were going to come off. I was just going to let them fall of without paying but I felt bad cause hey, I did create the debt, it didn't pop out of nowhere, but I don't think I should be punished for paying my debts. Is there anything that can be done about this????? I'm trying hard to get my credit together.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Date for fall off changed after payment

Anew12u wrote:
Hello... I recently came across this board and am amazed at the volume of info on this site...thank you so much! Anyhoo. Smiley Happy  I've recently graduated from school and make considerably more money than I used to so I'm fixing all the screw ups I made. I've paid of everything on my credit that was passed due or sent to collections. My issue is that the date that those things were scheduled to fall of have changed to 7 years from now instead of in the couple of years they were going to come off. I was just going to let them fall of without paying but I felt bad cause hey, I did create the debt, it didn't pop out of nowhere, but I don't think I should be punished for paying my debts. Is there anything that can be done about this????? I'm trying hard to get my credit together.

Make sure you are looking at the right date.

DOFD is what the fall off date goes by, not DOLA.        DOLA is what should have changed when you paid the accounts.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was looking at the line that says date scheduled to be removed.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anew12u wrote:
I was looking at the line that says date scheduled to be removed.

Do you have a copy of your reports BEFORE they updated paid?

If that date has changed, it is called illegal re-aging.

What was the date before and the date now?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

the orig date was 2009, now it's 2014.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.