cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day & Night difference...thanks to this forum!

tag
nitrov
Established Contributor

Day & Night difference...thanks to this forum!

It's been about 6-9 months since I've been on this forum for a decent amount of time, and I wanted to share with everyone some of the progress I've made only in that short time thanks to the incredible contributors to this board and a little bit of hard work.

Starting credit profile (6/2013):

Score range: 580-640

PREVIOUS Cards:

---Capital One Quicksilver: $750 CL

---Capital One Platinum (former HSBC card): $300 CL

---CareCredit: $3500 CL

---Credit Union Secured Card: $1500 (2 years old, not able to be converted to unsecured)

---American Express Optima: $500 limit (6 years old)

---First Premier Bank: $750 limit 

---Paypal Smart Connect: $500 limit

As you can see, nothing really impressive. Now...fast forward to today (1/2014) and here's my credit profile now:

Score range: 680-720

---I'm now a homeowner! Smiley Happy

CURRENT Cards:

---Cap One QuickSilver: $2250 CL (increase through EO)

---Cap One QuickSilver: $1250 CL (PC and increase through EO)

---CareCredit: $6300 CL (increased)

---Credit Union UNSECURED: $5000 CL (1/2014) Smiley Happy

---Barclayscard Reward MC: $2500 (opened 9/18/13)

---Barclayscard Priceline Visa: $1000 limit (also opened 9/2013) via recon backdoor number

---Chevron/Texaco Visa (GE Capital): $1500 limit (opened 11/2013)

---Lowes/GECB: $5000 limit (opened 12/2013)

---Chase Freedom: $500 limit (1/2014, prev paid chargeoff they wouldn't forgive from 2009)

---Discover It: $1500 limit (1/2014)

---HHGregg: $2500 CL (1/2014)

---USAA Cash Rewards Plat MC: $7000 limit (1/2014) Smiley Happy

---American Express PRG --approved 1/3/14 Smiley Happy

A lot of persistence and patience got me from some subprime and junky CCs and CLs to prime CCs, a new home, and the credit I need to do improvements and upgrades in my home. I am hitting the garden for 6 months to see how much my new sprouts grow and going from there, but I am very confident that my scores will be in the 720-750 range across the board very soon!

This community is amazing and credit has become one of my favorite strategic games to play! I thank everyone for their contributions and input and look forward to staying part of this growing community for a very, very long time with plenty more awesome updates to go!

Amex PRG was my first unicorn, which I now caught! Now I'm going for CSP and an Amex revolver, which I hope to obtain by the end of 2014! Fingers crossed!

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Day & Night difference...thanks to this forum!

I am so happy for you and in my opinion, that happened fairly quickly even buying the house! I look forward to hearing more about your journey!

What was on your credit report before? What type of things?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 9
nitrov
Established Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

I am so happy for you and in my opinion, that happened fairly quickly even buying the house! I look forward to hearing more about your journey!

What was on your credit report before? What type of things?

Thank you! I was definitely on a mission and am very happy with the results I've obtained. The house was something I've been working toward for about a year and a half and unfortunately my mortgage did have to go FHA because of my score, so I'll be looking to refi in about a year or 2, depending on what happens with rates.

I had a lot of chargeoffs which were all settled, a couple small paid medical collections, and worst of all was a repo. Between disputes and GW/PFD letters and a little help from some outside resources I was able to get almost every single negative thing off my credit, and once the mortgage closed late December, I went on an app spree and tirelessly recon'ed every single app as well as constantly asked for higher CLs when I actually did get approvals. It's amazing how much you can get from CC companies by just ASKING for it!

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 3 of 9
AllThingsRPossible
New Contributor

Congrats

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 667
Goal Score: 650

Message 4 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@nitrov wrote:
Thank you! I was definitely on a mission and am very happy with the results I've obtained. The house was something I've been working toward for about a year and a half and unfortunately my mortgage did have to go FHA because of my score, so I'll be looking to refi in about a year or 2, depending on what happens with rates.

I had a lot of chargeoffs which were all settled, a couple small paid medical collections, and worst of all was a repo. Between disputes and GW/PFD letters and a little help from some outside resources I was able to get almost every single negative thing off my credit, and once the mortgage closed late December, I went on an app spree and tirelessly recon'ed every single app as well as constantly asked for higher CLs when I actually did get approvals. It's amazing how much you can get from CC companies by just ASKING for it!

Well, I'm in the same boat, I ended up paying off a lot of my collection accounts and they are just sitting on my credit report as paid as agreed, and my capital one is shown as settled as agreed. I have an old charge off from Macy's that supposed to fall off soon. I have nothing too bad on my credit report, A LOT of inquires. My student loans are up to date as well as my car loan, and I just recently got a fingerhut account. I'm wanting to buy a house by the end of this year if not the beginning of next year so our stories seem so similar so I'm hoping for similiar results.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 9
LadyLeah
Contributor

Awesome progress! Congratulations and thank you for the inspiration. 

Starting Score: 529 EQ | 551 TU | 614 EX | 579 TU FAKO as of 1/12/14
Current Score: 621 EQ | ??? TU | 614 EX | 618 TU FAKO as of 6/23/14
Short Term Goal Score: 650 across the board by 12/31/14

Long Term Goal Score: 720+ across the board by 6/30/15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Awesome! Fabulous job!

Message 8 of 9
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Wow. That is a fantastic improvement in a very short time. Thanks for sharing & encouraging us all. :-)

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.