Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing w/Hunter Warfield

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dealing w/Hunter Warfield

Has anyone ever had success with Hunter Warfield?  I live in Texas and I've sent DV letters, emails and faxes and never received a response from them ever.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dealing w/Hunter Warfield

Have you seen them on a collection website? i think [Edited] has one, or i saw a link somewhere to collection agencies and experiences ill look again in a bit.

A link was removed because it violates the forum's Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines which prohibit, among other things:

Additionally, we cannot allow postings that include the promotion of any credit repair organization or the posting of links to web sites that promote any credit repair actions that are not allowed in these Forums.

-Marinevietvet, myFICO moderator

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you DM the info since it was removed from the posting.

Message 3 of 33
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did they sent you a collection (dunning) notice?  Was your DV timely?

Living in Texas, their state version of the FDCPA requires response to a DV letter within 30-days.

Message 4 of 33
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Umm, yes, I actually JUST dealt with them a few weeks ago. To make a long story short, the apartment that we just moved out of in Dec, 2010 sent us a $750 bill for a TON of absurd "damages" that I simply refused to pay. The apartment sent the account to Hunter Warfield who then began collection activity against me. All of my conversations with them were absolutely ridiculous... first they lied about the nature of the collection (said it was for failure to provide notice of moving out and even went through the hassle of having me send in proof of notice - a later person informed me the list of damages that were the cause of the charges were clearly listed on my account). Then during another conversation, the HW person yelled at me and hung up - seriously! (I was being completely respectful and nice, just simply asking him to explain something that didn't make sense to me and he obviously didn't like that).

Ultimately, it became clear that these people were rude and unethical and I wasn't going to get anywhere with them. Since the collection had not been reported to the CBs (and the promised it wouldn't be if a I paid - it hasn't yet, fingers crossed) and they offered me a 80% settlement, I just paid it. Ultimately, I didn't want some morons at a CA to hurt my credit and destroy my chances of buying a house nex year.

All I can say is that my experience with them was horrible so I wouldn't hold your breath on them actually following any FCRA rules or being cooperative at all. I also filed a complaint with the FL attorney general over them... it didn't really go anywhere (got a general email response), but I encourage that you do the same. Maybe if they get multiple complaints, they'll look into it.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I senta DV on 02.01.11 and haven't received a response.  I sent a 2nd DV on 03.01.11 and haven't received a response.

Message 6 of 33
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I senta DV on 02.01.11 and haven't received a response.  I sent a 2nd DV on 03.01.11 and haven't received a response.

As RobertEG said since you live in Texas the CA is required to answer a DV within 30 days or remove their information on your report. You can read this in the Texas Finance Code. It might be time to contact the Texas Attorney General about this.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a second request to Hunter Warfield included a copy of the Texas Finance Code demanding a removal of the account if they did not respond on 03.09.11.  Have not heard back.

Has any had any luck with pursuing legal action or filing a complaint with the state AG against collectors?

Message 8 of 33
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

My best advice with Hunter Warfield is to deal with the OC directly... I had a similar debt, $416 dollars listed on my credit. I sent letters, no response. Finally, I contacted the OC (apartment complex) and spoke with a property manager. I agreed to pay the OC in full if they pulled it back from Hunter Warfield. They did pull it back and it is no longer reporting. Mind you; I owed this debt and it was legit.

I don't know what else they handle, but it seems apartment complexes are a favorite client of theirs.. If so, if the OC owns the debt do whatever you can to avoid Hunter Warfield, because they don't seem to follow the rules.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 9 of 33
Madmax26
New Contributor

Just gone dealing with these people.  They're royal Mod cut

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.