cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing w/Hunter Warfield

tag
dresnoone

Re: Dealing w/Hunter Warfield

I don't know if I would call it success but I just recently dealt with this company in August 2011. I received a letter from them in January 2011 stating they were collecting on behalf of another company. I was at the time working with a credit repair organization, who sent them a DVL. They responded with a copy of the signed agreement between me and the original creditor, nothing in particular that said they were authorized to collect the amount they claimed I owed. Shortly after, they placed an adverse account on my credit and every month the balance increased, as it was an interest bearing account. The CRO that I worked with didn’t manage my plan correctly and was able to work out a PFD for about 75% of the balance owed. The offer was wonderful but the CRO negotiated it too early there were other offers that had been accepted. Anyways, I fired the CRO & took measures into my own hands. In July 2011, I contacted them with an offer and a forecast payment date. They accepted assuming I meant the funds would be received by the end of the month. When I contacted them about it they would only work with me if the funds were received by the end of the month. This company is very hard to work with and I ended up contacting the OC and having them tell the CA to accept my offer. Hunter Warfield didn’t want to speak with me from that day forward but I was able to make payment and close the account. They’re very hard to work with and only accept offers towards the end of the month as they get paid commission for the payments received. That’s the best time to contact them and here’s direct information for Hunter Warfield. edited 3111 W Dr Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd 2nd Floor Tampa Fl 33607 813-283-4500(Main) 813-283-edited (Direct) 813-283-4616 (fax) 866-486-8927 (fax)

Edited to remove someone else's name and direct info. In the future, feel free to PM that info back and forth. - llecs, myFICO moderator

Message 11 of 33
eparker
Frequent Contributor

I am dealing with them now.  This is a collection from my daughter who skipped out on an apartment.  The are rude and do not like to compromise.  I also attempted to contact the apartment complex to pull the collection.  That didn't work.  Long story short, I'm gonna pay ot off and then dipute to have it deleted.

Good Luck...

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 33
dresnoone

The apartment complex cannot pull the account from Hunter Warfield but you can, as I did, contact either the complex or the management company of the complex by writing or phone and inform them of your situation and that you have been trying to compromise with Hunter Warfield but they are not working with you and you really want to get this matter taken care of. The original creditor or management company may be inclined to assist you by contacting Hunter Warfield and asking them to accept your compromised offer as long as what you’re presenting is reasonable. This is what I had to do in order to get the account taken care of. I have direct information and can send it to you in a direct email for people to contact within Hunter Warfield, if you’d like.

Message 13 of 33
cd2004
Regular Contributor

I just sent a GW letter to them last week for an account I paid off in 2007. I asked them to deleted the record early since it was settled over 5years ago. I think I sent the letter to the wrong address because I mailed it to the address on my experian report which was

4620 woodland coporate tampa, fl 33614. I hope they are willing to work with me, this was a balance that I had because I signed for an apartment in my name for a relative.

Current 3B scores May 2022: EQ: 806 TU: 798 EX: 797
Message 14 of 33
dresnoone

Here's Hunter Warfield's updated information:

3111 W Dr Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd

2nd Floor

Tampa Fl 33607

813-283-4500(Main)

866-486-8927 (fax)

Message 15 of 33
cd2004
Regular Contributor

@dresnoone wrote:

Here's Hunter Warfield's updated information:

3111 W Dr Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd

2nd Floor

Tampa Fl 33607

813-283-4500(Main)

866-486-8927 (fax)

thanks, I should just go ahead and fax the GW letter I sent out last wk

Message 16 of 33
dresnoone

You're welcome. They were pretty difficult to deal with when it came to my situation and may have a different approach with you.

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had contacted Hunter Warfield in 2009 and have not heard from them since. Requested information was never received. Had actually composed a letter today when I came across your post.

Message 18 of 33
cd2004
Regular Contributor

I just pulled my updated EQ report the other day and saw that the paid Hunter Warfield was removed. I sent them a letter in September and the sent an email on Oct 5th. I did not receive any response from either so I just thought they ignored it. They must have deleted it because it was not due to fall off my report until 9/2012.

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just found out last year that in may of 05 when i left california (and broke my lease 3 months early), the apartment complex charged me 4200 (mostly for rent plus couple hundreds for paint/repairs)....Hunter Warfield had the account shorty after and they claim that the current amount owe to them now is 6300.  I called them as soon as i found out (to work something out) and all they could say was that i had to pay my account in full.

I was willing to work with them but since they are such Mod Cut; Please keep the language g-rated - MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator i am wondering if I can get this remove from my credit for being 7 years old since the day of delinquency.  Does anybody know if I can and if so, whats the procedure?

Thanks in advance

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.