cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing w/Hunter Warfield

tag
jvm

Re: Dealing w/Hunter Warfield

The only collection I have on file is an older collection from Hunter Warfield that simply won't go away even after paying it years ago. I've tried contesting it via the CRAs and sent a GW letter recently with no success. 

What was your strategy for removal? 

-Joe

Starting Score: 575
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

"People first, then money, then things." --Suze Orman
Message 31 of 33
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

I got a paid account with them.  They are extremely hard to work with.  I just went and quietly sent them payment.  Suspiciously, they deleted a much larger account I had with them on their own  They quietly deleted the smaller account that I paid on my EX report.  It was still on my EQ and TU.  I'm definitely pass SOL and it should be deleted by the CRBs in 2015.  They are strange in how they conduct business. 

They didn't update the account to paid so I'm disputing it now to see if it will be deleted.  If not, oh well.  At least it's paid. But they are horrible to deal with and I sympathize with anyone who has to deal with them.

Message 32 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upon Moving out of my apartment, i received a bill for outstanding damages. My apartment had flooded twice and caught on fire in between the walls once because of the maintanence man sodering some copper wires in a bathroom below my apartment. I disputed these charges and came to an agreeable solution with the property manager. A few months later i started getting calls from hunter warfield. They were immediately rude demanding condescending and somewhat threatening. I told them I would take the issue up with my property manager. The property manager agreed that if I could pay the back rent by the end of that week, she would remove me from collections. Weeks later hunter warfield called my parents and badgered them into paying a debt that to my knowledge didnt even exist. Do i have any kind of legal recourse? By the way this incident occured in colorado springs colorado.

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.