Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with LVNV Funding, please help

tag
wmcodywilson
New Contributor

Re: Dealing with LVNV Funding, please help

@Familywantsahouse wrote:

... I think that helped with the fact most took 25% on my PFD offer. I'd suspect more recent debts would be so agreeable to a smaller settlement offer. The one debt from 2009 wouldn't take less than 60%.

Best of luck!

This is good to know. I still have 2 baddies left and I cant afford to PFD. 

The LVNV thing is also good to know since Im dealing with them now. I keep asking for DV but nothing so far. Ill go ahead and try the complaint with BBB and update that progress. 

Starting Score: EQ 489 1/2012 TU 493 1/2012
Current Score: EQ 547 5/2012 TU 562 5/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
winstars
Regular Contributor

@Familywantsahouse wrote:

I'm 2 for 2 on the "no dunning notice' BBB and AG complaint = tradeline deleted.

I initially sent PFD's to EVERY collection account on my husband's report. I just wanted them gone. Those who accepted, I paid and were deleted. The ones that remained, I was SURE 2 had not notified us and the correct address is on the report. (and they were the most recent and I have been watching his credit like a hawk so I darn well knew no dunning)

I made my complaint and was specific to the fact I was never notified before they reported (or after), never had a chance to validate, could they please provide me a copy of such notice and a date it was sent and voila...both were deleted.

All of his debts were old, old old...one 2009, and the rest were 06-early 08. I think that helped with the fact most took 25% on my PFD offer. I'd suspect more recent debts would be so agreeable to a smaller settlement offer. The one debt from 2009 wouldn't take less than 60%.

Best of luck!

I am reading this thread carefully because I am working my step daughters horrible CR's (11 negs, 0 positive TL's)  now that mine and GF's CR's are squeaky clean. She has two LVNV CO's on her CR's. She has given me all the letters she has recieved (I think) and nothing from LVNV in the pile.

My question is: In a complaint to the BBB or AG or whoever, I  state I did not recieve the "timely dunning letter" before they placed the negative TL on my CR's. 

What iif they merely print out a letter with the "right" date on it saying they DID send it to you??? I mean they are one of the worst companies to deal with...

I look forward to one of our wonderful and knowledgable members to weigh in....

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
skrencis
Established Member

I filed a complaint against LVNV Funding with BBB of South Carolina and received note back stating "

• Verification of debt with validation was mailed to Ms. XXXX on April 8, 2009 in compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”).  

I have received nothing from this company as far as validation/verfication.  Are they allowed to make statements like that without any proof.  I have 9 days to reply to BBB. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.