Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with a Judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dealing with a Judgement

What is the best way to handle paying a judgement? I have never been served, or even notified of this judgement against me, just saw it on my credit report.

The OC is listed on my Credit Report, with a balance showing. I know I owe them, but I believe that the SOL to file judgement against me was up in Jan 2007. They apparently filed this judgement in May 2007, but I just now saw it on my CR.

I looked up the judgement in the Office of Public Records through my County Court's website, and it says it was filed/recorded on 4/22/08... which is probably why it's just now showing on my CR.

How should I deal with this?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dealing with a Judgement

dispute it with cra
Message 2 of 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dealing with a Judgement

abc1121 wrote:
What is the best way to handle paying a judgement? I have never been served, or even notified of this judgement against me, just saw it on my credit report.

The OC is listed on my Credit Report, with a balance showing. I know I owe them, but I believe that the SOL to file judgement against me was up in Jan 2007. They apparently filed this judgement in May 2007, but I just now saw it on my CR.

I looked up the judgement in the Office of Public Records through my County Court's website, and it says it was filed/recorded on 4/22/08... which is probably why it's just now showing on my CR.

How should I deal with this?

A debt past SOL doesn't mean you are immune from a lawsuit. Past SOL is simply your defense in court. Since you were not at the hearing, the judgment was entered by your absence...automatic default.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.