Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Loan Advice / Suggestions...

tag
agforfree5
Contributor

Debt Loan Advice / Suggestions...

I need some advice/suggestions on fixing my brother's credit. He has a few high balances on CCs and collection account. We are thinking of applying for a personal loan or a debt consolidation load to bring down the balances, as neither of us have the cash to put down at once.

Any suggestions on where to try to get one ? I know large banks such as Chase does not offer unsecured debt consolidation loans. We are not a part of any CU. His scores are in the Low 600s.

Any input would help. Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
TrishN
Established Contributor

Re: Debt Loan Advice / Suggestions...

With CA on his credit report , I believe no one will open unsecured for him. He have to paid all CA or PFD to satisfied debt first

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 2 of 7
agforfree5
Contributor

@TrishN wrote:

With CA on his credit report , I believe no one will open unsecured for him. He have to paid all CA or PFD to satisfied debt first

Ok thanks.

But I guess my question is.. Are debt consolidation loans even offered anymore? If so, where at, as I can't seem to find any bank that does?

Message 3 of 7
agforfree5
Contributor

@agforfree5 wrote:

@TrishN wrote:

Ok thanks.

But I guess my question is.. Are debt consolidation loans even offered anymore? If so, where at, as I can't seem to find any bank that does?

Bump...

Message 4 of 7
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Your brother may find it easier to pay down the balances over time. This does 2 things:

1. Establishes a payment history

2. Will do more for his score over time.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 5 of 7
agforfree5
Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:
Your brother may find it easier to pay down the balances over time. This does 2 things:

1. Establishes a payment history

2. Will do more for his score over time.

Madmann -

I understand that, that is why I am asking if a debt consolidation loan is a good idea (if I get it at low interest rate)? Also, what is a good place to try and get one ?

Anyone here with any experience on this ?

Message 6 of 7
agforfree5
Contributor

Still no answer... anyone ?

Bump..

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.