Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Validation

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Debt Validation

Type all DVs, send by CMRRR via the USPS, and never sign a letter to a CA (a rare few CAs have been known to lift signatures and apply those to documents of their own creation).
Message 81 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?message.uid=7133#U7133

He put in his forum to save the signed copy of the letter.

Send the DV letter CMRRR, save your CM receipt, save your RRR green card when it comes back, save your USPS receipt (CM # is on it), photocopy your signed DV letter and save that. Also include a reference line at the top of your letter.

So, I should not sign 

ok thanks for your help

Message 82 of 102
llecs
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

I split your post to form a new thread within Rebuilding Your Credit.

Message 83 of 102
tbrowne34
Established Member

HELP, I received a notice of collection from CA but there is nothing on CRA files?

Problem is I think the debt is outside of SOL but I'm not sure( if not it's within a year I think) The CA is ER solutions and they are collecting for another CA called Asset Acceptance LLC. The original creditor was First National Bank of Marin(who was bought by yet another CA called Sherman Financial in 2005)

The total balance is 609 but they offered 365 as payment in full, I can pay it if needed, I have worked hard  to clean up my credit after quitting drinking 3 years ago. MyTU fico is 748,EQ fico 730 EX fako plus 711.

My question is am I putting myself in any risk by requesting DV?

This debt does not show up on any of three CRA reports. I can't find any proof that First National Bank of Marin is even still in business Could this mean they are just fishing ?  Advice will be much appreciated,  Thanks

Message 84 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

silly thought..I had an 80/20 loan (mortgage) and both it resulted in a foreclosure.  Both banks have gone under, do you think  a DV would work in this instance to have these removed?
Message 85 of 102
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

missmoney-bags wrote:
silly thought..I had an 80/20 loan (mortgage) and both it resulted in a foreclosure.  Both banks have gone under, do you think  a DV would work in this instance to have these removed?

DV letters are only for CAs. So, if a CA is trying to collect, you can send that CA a DV letter. However, I would not do that if you are inside SOL.
Message 86 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!!!

I had been lurking a while here and finally decided to give everything I learned fro here a shot. Sent out several DV  letters. Today I received my first response back from Arrow for 450.00. They could not validate and were closing the account and all collection activities.  Hoping to hear from the others. Thanks again for everyone's contribution on this forum, you are helping make a difference in folks lives whether you realize it or not Smiley Happy

Message 87 of 102
ToddLipps
Valued Member

I have a collection account for a tradeline I never applied for.

I have requested copies of the application and any invoices associated with the tradeline from BOA which was opened in 2005.  They are unable to provide this information, I have a response from them stating this.  The account went late shortly after it was opened.  In Oct 2008 it was charged off and sent to a CA- Portfolio recovery. BOA shows charged off $0 balance. 

I concurrently sent a letter of dispute in relation to BOA and CA to all 3 bureaus.  The item shows disputed and was not removed.  How do I prove that I didnt apply for something?  No one can provide evidence that I did apply.

The the CA will not remove the item, they have been horrible- run me thru vm and other agents unwillling to help and eventually had a manager hang up on me while being rude.

So I have a OC who cant provide any documentation, a CA who will not help and all 3 CRAs not removing the disputed item?  Where do I go from here?

Sorry just learning my acronyms here...

Message 88 of 102
smb0730
Established Member

I sent a DV letter to Asset Acceptance CMRRR that they received and signed for on June 1, 2010. Today, I received another collection letter from them that was dated June 3, 2010 (obviously 2 days after they received my DV letter). How should I proceed??

Message 89 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smb0730 wrote:

I sent a DV letter to Asset Acceptance CMRRR that they received and signed for on June 1, 2010. Today, I received another collection letter from them that was dated June 3, 2010 (obviously 2 days after they received my DV letter). How should I proceed??

There is a possibility that they received your letter late on the 1st and that the letter dated June 3rd was already in their automated process.  I seriously doubt a judge is going to hold them accountable for that. 

Message 90 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.