Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt collector has no records of my account and OC won’t settle with me

tag
DiamondDan73
Regular Contributor

Debt collector has no records of my account and OC won’t settle with me

I have a CO with Home Credit from October 2019. I am trying to settle the debt but they transferred the debt to a CA called Galaxy.

Galaxy has no records of my debt what so ever. I've tried useing the entire account number as well as my SSN.

Has anyone else face this type of issue?

Any ideas on how I can get this resolved?

Started 11/2020 EQ 549 TU 580 EX 559
Currently 12/2020 EQ 541 TU 606 EX 576
2021 FICO Goal 680 on all 3
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Debt collector has no records of my account and OC won’t settle with me

Is the OC still reporting a balance?

Message 2 of 11
DiamondDan73
Regular Contributor

Yes. The OC is reporting the open balance. From what I can understand, the OC still owns the debt but the CA is responsible for collecting on it. The CA is not showing up on my report just the OC. 

Message 3 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@DiamondDan73 wrote:

Yes. The OC is reporting the open balance. From what I can understand, the OC still owns the debt but the CA is responsible for collecting on it. The CA is not showing up on my report just the OC. 

Call the OC tell them their CA has no records, you want it recalled to pay it off today. If they refuse to accept payment by phone just mail them a certified check for it by certified mail.

Message 4 of 11
DiamondDan73
Regular Contributor

I ended up calling the OC and they said the CSR would email upper management to see about recalling the debt. She said it takes 2 business days. I'll call back on Friday and see what happens. I'm trying to settle for less than the original amount and trying to get a PFD. I don't want to send them any money until I can work something out with them. 

Message 5 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@DiamondDan73 wrote:

I ended up calling the OC and they said the CSR would email upper management to see about recalling the debt. She said it takes 2 business days. I'll call back on Friday and see what happens. I'm trying to settle for less than the original amount and trying to get a PFD. I don't want to send them any money until I can work something out with them. 

Ok, OC isnt likely to give you a PFD but it will help to have it settled.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there! I know this thread is a few months old so hopefully you see this, but were you ever able to get this resolved? 

I am having the same problem - had a card with Home Credit, had some financial problems and wasn't able to make the payments and was never able to get anyone from Home Credit on the phone to try and make payment arrangements. Left them messages, emails, no response. Working on repairing my credit now and I am trying to pay the balance so it stops reporting but cannot get ahold of anyone and Galaxy has no record of my account even though that is the phone number Genesis has when they looked up my account lol. 

I want to get this paid but no one seems to want to accept the payment Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 11
DiamondDan73
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there! I know this thread is a few months old so hopefully you see this, but were you ever able to get this resolved? 

I am having the same problem - had a card with Home Credit, had some financial problems and wasn't able to make the payments and was never able to get anyone from Home Credit on the phone to try and make payment arrangements. Left them messages, emails, no response. Working on repairing my credit now and I am trying to pay the balance so it stops reporting but cannot get ahold of anyone and Galaxy has no record of my account even though that is the phone number Genesis has when they looked up my account lol. 

I want to get this paid but no one seems to want to accept the payment Smiley LOL

I was able to email the CEO and he had someone reach out really quickly. I paid him on the spot. Was not able to negotiate a lower price or PFD. 

Message 8 of 11
user365735
Regular Contributor

How much was the original And how much did you pay?

Message 9 of 11
DiamondDan73
Regular Contributor

It was originally $500. It turned into $750 after fees. I paid $750 to settle in full.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.