Did you mean: 

Definitely Crying...76point total drop....so far

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely Crying...76point total drop....so far

Transunion went from 624 yesterday to 579 today! 45points

Equifax went from 610 yesterday to 579 today! 31points

Idk what I should do? Do this completely mess up my Auto Loan just was approved for? I was going to look at cars tomorrow!!!

I really don't want to quit my job (which is that may have to happen) can I dispute Enhanced? 

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
bstone
Frequent Contributor

Re: Definitely Crying...76point total drop....so far

Usually auto loan approvals are good for 30 days, that being said, you need to buy one ASAP to avoid the possibility of another credit check.  Would another check turn your approval into a denial?  Unlikely.  But it certainly could result in worse terms (higher rate, lower loan amount, higher down payment, etc.).

NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, there is nothing I can do? Would calling them help? (I have no information for them so google would have to work.)
Message 3 of 43
bstone
Frequent Contributor

Calling who?  Do you know why your score dropped?  Was there a recent negative?  Otherwise the score drop may be related to a new account, high credit card utilization, etc.

NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 4 of 43
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Transunion went from 624 yesterday to 579 today! 45points

Equifax went from 610 yesterday to 579 today! 31points

Idk what I should do? Do this completely mess up my Auto Loan just was approved for? I was going to look at cars tomorrow!!!

I really don't want to quit my job (which is that may have to happen) can I dispute Enhanced? 

You need to find out what caused your score to drop that much, typically a new account would not drop it that much so it looks like a new negative may have surfaced. Not much you can dispute if it's accurate. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 43
ORllyNao
Regular Contributor

If you're already appoved for your car loan, you should be ok. Assuming they already actually pulled your credit and approved your loan, there should be no reason for them to pull it again. 

FICO 8 | March 2023
Message 6 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't cry. Go get that car within the next 30 days and while doing so find out why your score dropped.

Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I stated why it dropped in a different posting. Enhanced Recovery added a collection to my reports (all 3) for a Sprint bill. Sprint fixed it on their end yesterday when the collection was only on EX...Today it popped up on TU and EQ with the wrong information (saying unpaid, last payment day, amount).

Message 8 of 43
bstone
Frequent Contributor

Then yeah, you need to dispute if it's not accurate, but that can take 30 days.  If you have a true pre-approval for an auto loan you should be fine, just go buy one before your 30-day approval expires.  Even with he lower score you should still qualify for an auto loan, just maybe not the same terms.

Message 9 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed it with EQ over the phone. 

The loan is through my CU...I literally got the approval (not pre approval) letter like 2 hours before the TU score drop. If I were to apply right now through them again I'd be denied. 

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.