Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete TL if lates not removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delete TL if lates not removed?

I'm looking for advice.

I have SEVERAL late payments reported on my GM Financial loan and they denied my request to GW them.  Should I ask that the entire TL be deleted or let it be and allow my good payment history going forward to report and help rebuild my score?  Or should I continue sending the same GW letter asking to remove my late payments?  The reporting is accurate, so I do not plan to dispute them.

I have another auto loan that has never reported any lates over the past four years, four student loan accounts reporting and a recently acquired Capital One unsecured card.  No mortgage (yet).

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delete TL if lates not removed?

No point in asking for an active open tradeline to be deleted...

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's where I was at on this too; but questioned myself on whether it was more beneficial to delete late payment history instead of just building good history on top of what already happened?

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

That's where I was at on this too; but questioned myself on whether it was more beneficial to delete late payment history instead of just building good history on top of what already happened?

Since the loan is still open just build good history since the lates, when you PIF then you can ask for the GW removal of the lates as well, they may be more amenable if you pay on time for the rest of the loans life.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

GW often takes many attempts.   Persistence is key. You can always just send a monthly letter and see what happens.  

Also, I don't think asking for the TL to be removed would be beneficial, nor do I see it as action they would take if it's a currently open TL.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.