Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Itme not paid

tag
from500to700
Regular Contributor

Deleted Itme not paid

If i have a collection account that was deleted from all my CR but it was not paid or setteled is there a way it will affect my score ? will it come back ? will a lender know about it ? 

Thanks 

Started :
05/05/2013 EX :525,TU:542,EQ:535
09/30/2014 EX :655,TU:669,EQ:664
In Garden Since 03/16/2013
Will not Apply till 03/31/2015
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Deleted Itme not paid

Why was it deleted?  Dispute? Age?

When you apply for a mortgage you are asked to disclose unpaid debt.

Message 2 of 20
from500to700
Regular Contributor

I dispute and am not appling for mortgage am applying for an AUTO loan id it the same 

Started :
05/05/2013 EX :525,TU:542,EQ:535
09/30/2014 EX :655,TU:669,EQ:664
In Garden Since 03/16/2013
Will not Apply till 03/31/2015
Message 3 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If it was removed due to a dispute, yes it can be reinserted.  The CRA must insure it is valid before reinserting and let you know within 5 business days.

Message 4 of 20
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@from500to700 wrote:

I dispute and am not appling for mortgage am applying for an AUTO loan id it the same 

The unpaid debt stays in your file until its paid.

Message 5 of 20
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

Is it possible to find out any unpaid debts that have fallen off after 7 years?  I'm sure that I have some and would like to offer some sort of payment, especially because I do plan on applying for a mortgage sometime by the end of year and because it is the right thing to do.

Message 6 of 20
DaBears
Senior Contributor

you can call the CRA's and ask for your whole credit file. Mortgage lender will ask you if you have any unpaid debt and you will have to disclose it to them.

Message 7 of 20
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

In doing that, would it be ok to offer the companies a fraction of the amount, especially since it would be outside of my state SOL?  Or would that risk reaging the TL?

Message 8 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Nothing can reage the TL.  If you offer a settlement the debt is considered paid and there is no suing SOL to restart.

I would just offer maybe 20%.

By the way, I think it is like $11.00 for your file.  It contains much more info than just the debt.

Message 9 of 20
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@ktm214 wrote:

In doing that, would it be ok to offer the companies a fraction of the amount, especially since it would be outside of my state SOL?  Or would that risk reaging the TL?

Depends on who owns the account. If the OC owns it you can always send them a PFD or the CA a PFD. Under FCRA  they can not reage the TL. Big no no, some do and most of the time consumers dont know cause they are not monitoring their credit reports. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.