Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Woo-Hoo

tag
monieleazenby
Established Member

Deleted Woo-Hoo

I'm happy today because I received some of my Experian Results back two of the items I have disputed have been deleted. I started with 24 negative accounts and now I have 19 remaining. May seem pointless to "Woo-Hoo" over, however it's a working progress. Item deleted thus far,

Grant & Weber- $2,935.00

Grant & Weber- $2,172.00

Penn Foster-      $742.00

Bankruptcy

Child Support paid

Total Deleted $5,849.00  That's $5,849.00 I do not need to pay for. Smiley Happy

I'm still waiting for my other disputes by 1/16/14 and/or 01/27/14. Thus far I have 19 accounts left on my Experian, 8 accounts are defaulted student loans that hopefully will be paid in full with my tax return this year.

Only down fall thus far is that I have no good revolving accounts so my credit score has not changed even so much as a point since the items above have been deleted Smiley Sad

It's a working progress can't wait to see what I have left on all three CRS so I can begin fixing my bad debit. Smiley Happy

Happy Monday enjoy

Monie

Starting Score: 591
Current Score: 480
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TeamSNS
Established Member

Re: Deleted Woo-Hoo

Congrats!!!

You may want to look into getting a secured credit card to get some good revolving debt in there.  I heard Cap One and Bofa have some good secured cards...

Good luck to you the rest of the way!

Message 2 of 6
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 3 of 6
monieleazenby
Established Member

I just signed with Fingerhut hopefully that works out good.

I have a question, why is it if something has been deleted such as a collection on your credit report it doesn't increase your credit score? I would think if the collection accounts reflected a decrease in your credit score to begin with once it was deleted it would increase your credit score. Any feedback on this please provide details as I am still new to this site and the whole rebuilding of credit.

Thanks

Monie

Message 4 of 6
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@monieleazenby wrote:

I'm happy today because I received some of my Experian Results back two of the items I have disputed have been deleted. I started with 24 negative accounts and now I have 19 remaining. May seem pointless to "Woo-Hoo" over, however it's a working progress. Item deleted thus far,

Grant & Weber- $2,935.00

Grant & Weber- $2,172.00

Penn Foster-      $742.00

Bankruptcy

Child Support paid

Total Deleted $5,849.00  That's $5,849.00 I do not need to pay for. Smiley Happy

I'm still waiting for my other disputes by 1/16/14 and/or 01/27/14. Thus far I have 19 accounts left on my Experian, 8 accounts are defaulted student loans that hopefully will be paid in full with my tax return this year.

Only down fall thus far is that I have no good revolving accounts so my credit score has not changed even so much as a point since the items above have been deleted Smiley Sad

It's a working progress can't wait to see what I have left on all three CRS so I can begin fixing my bad debit. Smiley Happy

Happy Monday enjoy

Monie

You need to be careful here.  Just because these tradelines are no longer on your CR's doesn't mean you're no longer obligated to satisfy them.  The debts still exist, CA's are still assigned to them and they can still take legal action against you to recover said debts if they choose to do so (provided they are still within SOL).

FICO Scores 800+
Message 5 of 6
monieleazenby
Established Member

I disputed them and they could not verify that they belonged to me this is the reason they were deleted by the CB. Should they try to sue me, well then they will have to prove the debt belongs to me in court as I will show up for that court hearing considering that the CB have mixed up my identity to another person. These debits didn't belong to me. I'm not worried about being sued at this point I'd encourage it because I would turn around and sue them for trying to stick a debit on me when it doesn't belong to me, just as I am suing the CBS. Smiley Happy

Monie

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.