cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting stuff from my credit report.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deleting stuff from my credit report.

kball64 wrote:
So if I DV a paid CA and they don't validate, do they have to stop reporting it to the CRA's? 

Not unless you DV them within the first 30 days.  A CA must cease all collection activities, including CRA reporting, until they validate the debt only if they receive your DV request within the first 30 days.  There is no requirement for them to cease collecting if they receive a DV request later.

Message Edited by cheddar on 05-01-2008 01:53 PM
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I am also new to this... This year is my goal to pay off or settle most of my debt that I was lazy paying off before. I'm looking to bring up my embarrassing 400's score up this year. My first settle is actually May 3rd for 1003.33 settlement for a 14grand debt. I know.. unheard of, so i'm kinda scared that if i'm getting screwed, but I guess i gotta start somewhere.... Just so I get the terms right... DV= Debt Validation, what is CA????
Message 12 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

lostcause wrote:
Okay, I am also new to this... This year is my goal to pay off or settle most of my debt that I was lazy paying off before. I'm looking to bring up my embarrassing 400's score up this year. My first settle is actually May 3rd for 1003.33 settlement for a 14grand debt. I know.. unheard of, so i'm kinda scared that if i'm getting screwed, but I guess i gotta start somewhere.... Just so I get the terms right... DV= Debt Validation, what is CA????

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx... CA: Credit Agency .. duh.. i should have gotten that .. hahaha... Okay from what I have been learning from you guys is that, before I do anything.. I should send out a DV to all CA to make sure they are legit?? Also from what I have noticed is that some of the collection that i have.. They never attempted or at least i never saw them trying to collect from me. Can i dispute that??
I'm just trying to find any types of tricks to make it easier for me.. Thanks
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.