cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion with Credit Protection Association!

tag
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Deletion with Credit Protection Association!

First it was Portfolio Recovery Associates, Now I got Credit Protection Association to delete!!!!

I don't want to say too much, but the bottom line is CA's TRULY do want to report correctly... If you're late, you're late. Period. If they are reporting incorrectly, they will typically fix it. Just find a flaw in their reporting and don't really tell them exactly where it is and leverage that mistake to get the entire TL deleted.

Now lets see if they really delete. This is the message:

Mr. XXXXXX,

Since this account has been paid in full, I sent a delete request (electronically) to all three credit reporting agencies.  It could take up to 3 weeks for them to process the request and remove the tradeline. 

Please let me know if you run into any problems.

Thanks.

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Re: Deletion with Credit Protection Association!

Got a PDF from them saying, "Please be assured that this matter has been updated at the credit bureau(s) as account paid in full, please delete from credit file. Hopefully this is good enough?

=============
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 2 of 31
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

Wow I am actually trying to get in contact with them. If you could PM the contact you used it would help me tremendously.

Message 3 of 31
tamdugg1980
Contributor

Wow!  How did you manage to get that done?!  I have tried on numerous occasions to get them to delete and they have denied me each time.  Could you PM the information you used to get that done?!  I would really appreciate it!  Congrats on your success!!!!

Starting score: (April 2011) 530 - myFICO EQ
Current score: (04/2012) EQ - 608 (myFICO), EX FAKO - 671, TU FAKO - 619

Let's see what happens once they report minus the late payments!!!!!!
Message 4 of 31
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Hang tight everyone. if you PM me I'll provide you an email address when its all off my reports. But I'll post back here my strategy. Anyone can get the email address if you try hard enough.

=============
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have anything with them, but I'm very interested in the strategy.
Message 6 of 31
brewcrew87
Regular Contributor

I'm extremely interested in this as well.  I currently have an account with them that I still owe...  It's been about 2 1/2 years so I don't want to pay unless I know it will be deleted.  Also..  Odd question, but I'm kinda new at this whole thing.  How do I go about getting my account number?  I haven't received anything from them in over 2 years.  (In fact, they actually took it off my report about a year ago, then put it back on this winter without any written notice.  Is that legal?)  I don't have a letter from them that I can find from 2 years ago and when I check my report the last few numbers at X'd out.

Thanks for any info!!

Main Cards: CSR(30k), DiscoverIT(50k), Freedom(10.5k), Ink+(17k), SallieMae(17.5k), 3x BoA MLB(24k), 2x BoA BBR(16k) and probably too many other cards at this point...
Current Score:
EQ: ??? TU: 799 EX: 784 - Last Updated 2-2-17 - Last CC App 11/25/16
Message 7 of 31
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

I haven't actually gotten any deletions yet off my TU or EQ which is where this collection resides... This was only a couple days ago so I'm going to give it time. My Portfolio Recovery Associates has been deleted from EX and TU, just no EQ yet... I have the UDF form from PRA and I just faxed it to EQ tonight.

@uecker4life wrote:

I'm extremely interested in this as well.  I currently have an account with them that I still owe...  It's been about 2 1/2 years so I don't want to pay unless I know it will be deleted.  Also..  Odd question, but I'm kinda new at this whole thing.  How do I go about getting my account number?  I haven't received anything from them in over 2 years.  (In fact, they actually took it off my report about a year ago, then put it back on this winter without any written notice.  Is that legal?)  I don't have a letter from them that I can find from 2 years ago and when I check my report the last few numbers at X'd out.

Thanks for any info!!

I've found the best way to get your account number is to call them and say you have a debt with them and you're just looking for the account number. If its a credit card, make sure you get their account number with the collection agency and not necessarily your card account number with the CA. They can delete and remove anything they want. Deleting is doing you a favor, but putting it back is legal also if its a valid debt.

=============
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

**BUMP**

Message 9 of 31
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

Could I please have the contact PM to me? This us a major baddie for me. Please!!!!
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.