Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletions using disputing and/or PFD?

tag
Bklyn395
New Contributor

Deletions using disputing and/or PFD?

I have a couple of issues that I feel I can validly remove from my credit report... below I've taken info from my credit reports to show what each CRA is reporting.  WaMu/Providian and Arrow are the same account.  I settled with Arrow to avoid suit in January 2008.  I paid the full $1800 I owed in 2 monthly payments of $900 and change on 12/15 and 1/15.  I received a letter from Arrow saying that my account was satisfied - paid in full.  WaMu is accurate on my Ex, but not on Eq or TU.  Arrow is only reporting to Eq, but it's showing that my account is past due, which I thought a CA couldn't claim.  Can I now GW or dispute both WaMu/Providian and Arrow for reporting innacurate info? 

Company Account number Date opened Balance Status

Trans UnionWashmtl/Prov  XXXXXXXXXX Mar-04 $0 120 days past due

Equifax Wamu/Prvdn  Not Reported Mar-04 $0 120+ days past due

Experian Wash Mutual/Providian  XXXXXXXXXX Mar-04 $0 Account transferred to another office

Trans Union N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Equifax Arrow Ser  Not Reported Not on Record $0 120+ days past due
Experian N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A

On the next account, this was an old Cingular account that was settled (not PIF) in January 2007.  I don't know the difference between what I paid and what I owed, but I think it was under $250.  Should I send a PFD or dispute?  I have a letter from Afni saying this account was legally paid in full, as they correctly report to Ex.  Since they are reporting WRONG info to Eq, I feel like I could dispute it, but if I send a GW, I have a better shot that they will stop reporting all together. 

Trans Union N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A

Equifax Afni-Bloom  Not Reported Not on Record $0 120+ days past due

Experian Afni, Inc.  XXXXXX3185 Mar-06 $0 Account legally paid in full for less than the full balance

Strangely enough, I used to have another Afni account that after I paid it, they just removed it.  No request from me, they just removed it.  Solomon & Solomon did the same thing after I paid them an old insurance premium.  Weird, but I'll take the free deletions where I can get them!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

ps.. I'm in New York.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deletions using disputing and/or PFD?

You are in the best state for paid collections.

You need to know the DOFD   all PAID collection must be deleted from CR 5 years from DOFD in NY

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-15-2008 03:22 PM
Message 2 of 5
Bklyn395
New Contributor

Thanks so much, Happy Days!  I checked my DOFD through my myfico reports and I thought I was safe when I looked at the TransUnion one since it said that my DOFD is back in 2002, but it seems like all three CRA's agree this card was opened in 2004.  For the life of me, I can't remember when I actually opened this account, all I can remember is I bought a computer with it in 2004 so that doesn't help much!  Smiley Happy  Of course, I have no records.  Do you think I should DV this just to get all the original records?  Thanks!   

Washmtl/Prov
Trans Union:
Status as of                   Aug, 2005
Date opened                Mar, 2004
Date of last activity      Aug, 2005
Date paid out               Aug, 2005
Date closed                  Aug, 2005
30 days late        4 times (Feb 2005, Sep 2004, Nov 2002, May 2002)
60 days late        2 times (Mar 2005, Nov 2002)
90+ days late      8 times (Jul 2005, Jun 2005, May 2005, Apr 2005, Mar 2003, Feb 2003, Jan 2003, Dec 2002)

Equifax:
Status as of                   Dec, 2007
Date opened                Mar, 2004
Date of last activity      Jan, 2005
Date closed                  Not Reported
30 days late        2 times
60 days late        1 time
90+ days late      4 times (Jul 2005, Jun 2005, May 2005)

Experian:
Status as of                    Aug, 2005
Date opened                 Mar, 2004
Date of last activity       Jul, 2005
Date of last payment    Aug, 2005
30 days late        2 times (Feb 2005, Sep 2004)
60 days late        1 time (Mar 2005)
90+ days late      4 times (Jul 2005, Jun 2005, May 2005, Apr 2005)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at your CR  for the drop date.....it should say like.....will remain on CR until  month/ year

If you can't find it call the CRAs and ask  they MUST have it.

Then you count backwards  from drop date to get SOL
Message 4 of 5
Bklyn395
New Contributor

Thank you so much for responding to my posts.  I called TransUnion and had possibly the most painful conversation I have ever had in my life, but I did manage to ascertain that the DOFD was 12/04, so it being a paid collection, it should drop off by 12/09.  I then called Washington Mutual, who suggested that I dispute it since they are reporting status as 120+ past due instead of closed.  I'm not sure though if it'd be smarter to GW it or dispute it.  Seems like with a year and a half to go, if I try to sweet talk rather than make waves, I might get further.  Any idea?  I have to search GW and WaMu to see what other results have been.

Thanks again!!!  Smiley Happy   
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.