Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletions

tag
ElMayimbe
Contributor

Deletions

Yesterday I received a letter from TU letting me know they've deleted two charged off collections accounts from my credit report, I expect the same from EQ shortly. I've been waiting to purchase my TU and EQ to see update and I've been tracking with creditkarma. How long before deletions take effect? 

BofA Amex $7500| Discover IT- $10K| Chase Sapphire Preferred $10k | Cap One $2000| Citi Hilton Reserve $10k
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ElMayimbe
Contributor

Re: Deletions

I decided to update my TU credit report YEAH BOY! went from 623 TU to 688 TU!!
BofA Amex $7500| Discover IT- $10K| Chase Sapphire Preferred $10k | Cap One $2000| Citi Hilton Reserve $10k
Message 2 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ElMayimbe wrote:
I decided to update my TU credit report YEAH BOY! went from 623 TU to 688 TU!!

CONGRATS!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Why were they deleted?  Was deletion the outcome of a dispute?

If the collections were deleted for reasons other than a dispute, they can be reinserted without any special showing on the part of the party reporting the collection.

Maybe they sold the debt to another debt collector, and deleted their prior reporting simply to be rid of any further FRCA disputes. In that case, nothing would prevent a new debt collector from reporting.

I hope its really dead......

Message 4 of 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Why were they deleted?  Was deletion the outcome of a dispute?

If the collections were deleted for reasons other than a dispute, they can be reinserted without any special showing on the part of the party reporting the collection.

Maybe they sold the debt to another debt collector, and deleted their prior reporting simply to be rid of any further FRCA disputes. In that case, nothing would prevent a new debt collector from reporting.

I hope its really dead......

I agree with Robert as per usual.

I am always cautious about the deletions I achieved before I was armed with the knowledge here.. I had a couple that I didn't pay come back time and again, even after getting deletions. They will get resold, and another company can place it. I have paid (I think) every account possible now. So hopefully going forward I'll be set.

I am not saying it will happen. You should be pleased about the deletions. Just be mindful of this.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 10
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

The 2 CO's you were a AU on and by removing your AU status will jump your CS. Congrats to YOU!!

Dont worry about the CO's coming back on your CR's.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 6 of 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Lightnin;

Did I miss something about these being AU? I didn't see any mention of these being AU on this thread... was it in another one?

Reason being: I most definitely had a CO come back on my credit report, HSBC, several months after I successfully disputed the trade line through the CRA. I just disputed the account frivolously as not mine (before coming to this forum)

-scott

Message 7 of 10
ElMayimbe
Contributor

@Robert Yes, I began cleaning up my credit report in January starting with average FICO 577. I succesfully GW one collection from AFNI and disputed 2 authorized collection/charge offs all three deleted. Got my letter from TU this past Thursday confirming, just waiting on EQ now. I updated my TU and my score jumped 65 points from 623 to 688!

Message 8 of 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@ElMayimbe wrote:

@Anonymous Yes, I began cleaning up my credit report in January starting with average FICO 577. I succesfully GW one collection from AFNI and disputed 2 authorized collection/charge offs all three deleted. Got my letter from TU this past Thursday confirming, just waiting on EQ now. I updated my TU and my score jumped 65 points from 623 to 688!

Oh yeah.. you have no worries on those AU accounts.. they will not come back

-scott

Message 9 of 10
ElMayimbe
Contributor

It feels so good to know I'm 12 points away from 700, although my goal is 720+ across all three. I think when you go from having very poor credit to good/great credit you appreciate it more, looks like that house in 2-3 years is a reality not a fantasy!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.