cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delinquent payments removed..will this help my credit score?

tag
razingkane
Established Member

Delinquent payments removed..will this help my credit score?

I sent a letter to Sears asking them to remove 9 delinquent payments from my CR's. I told them I didn't dispute the delinquent payments, however, they were due to being laid off. I received a letter from Sears stating they have sent a request to have the delinquent payments deleted from my CR's. Very cool! Does anyone have an idea how this will affect my 671 credit score?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delinquent payments removed..will this help my credit score?

Depends entirely on how long ago they were, and if you have any more recent delinquencies that are as serious.
Message 2 of 5
catzcradle
New Contributor

I just got two 30 day lates from 2 yrs ago deleted and gained about 30 points all around. As NewWorldMan said though, your results will be different depending on the rest of your report. But you should see some improvement.
- Catz
12/01/09 TU 759 EQ 756

10/01/08 TU 697 EQ 659
07/05/08 TU 693 EQ 663 EX 711
06/01/08 TU 657 EQ 610 EX 670
Message 3 of 5
razingkane
Established Member

These 9 Sears delinquents would have started falling off with the next 6 months. So they are at least 6 years old. I have 1 charge off and 4 other delinquents all falling off within 6 months. Basically all my negatives will be gone by February 2009. Any positive improvement will be happy accepted. Guess I just have to wait for these to cycle through.
Message 4 of 5
razingkane
Established Member

Latest CR shows my delinquent Sears payments have been removed. It took 1 month from the time I dropped the letter to Sears in the mail box to having the CR's updated.

TU went up by 15
EX jump 35
EQ no change, but they did not show any delinquent payments.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.