cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell CO, not reported by CA yet..who to pay?

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Dell CO, not reported by CA yet..who to pay?

@Jon85 wrote:

I thought if the CA didn't own the debt, they wouldn't be able to report a tradeline of their own anyway?

So if you were to pay the CA who is collecting on behalf of Dell, they would notify Dell that it's been paid and Dell would update accordingly.

I don't think the CA would then create a TL of their own down the road when they didn't even own the debt to begin with.... or am I wrong and missing the picture? lol

A CA can report even if assigned the debt.

And yes, even if the CA is the one getting paid, they can report the debt at any time before the CRTP is up.

Message 11 of 15
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

Oh wow, I didn't know! Thanks for clearing that up for me...

The reason I thought that was because a private student loan of mine from Sallie Mae went to Windham, and when I called them to make payment, I asked them if they would report and they said "we're not allowed to report, because we don't own the debt, SM still owns it." So I was just going with that... tricky, tricky of them... 

Message 12 of 15
anniev2

Since OC still shows balance then they still own it, but CA is just caling me for the heck of it? they are confusing me.

Primary Financial SErvices is the CA calling me but they don't have a TL on my CR.

"FAKO" TU 638 (3/27/13)
FICO EQ 624 (3/19/13)
Message 13 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can call and ask them.  Yes, reaching out could compel them to report, sometimes its a chance you have to take.

You offer a PFD to who is reporting.  In this case it is the OC who almost will never delete a TL, paid or not.  Since they directed you to the CA, you offer a pay for not reporting to them, even if it is payments.  If they accept you pay them and they don't report.  They will update the payment with the OC who will update with the CRAs.  Then you send a GW letter to Dell asking them for a deletion.

Message 14 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@anniev2 wrote:

Since OC still shows balance then they still own it, but CA is just caling me for the heck of it? they are confusing me.

Primary Financial SErvices is the CA calling me but they don't have a TL on my CR.

Yes, they assigned the debt to a CA to collect on.  No, the CA is calling you to try to get a payment.

Just because they are assigned the debt doesn't mean they always report it.  Same goes for a CA that bought a debt.  They don't always report.  But in either instance they can.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.