Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Amazon Store Card

tag
Ladyk06
Contributor

Denied Amazon Store Card

I bit the bullet and applied for the Amazon Store Card. I haven't applied for credit in years. My Fico score is 725 on TU which is what Synchrony bank pulled. I didn't understand it until I started reading posts on here concerning Synchrony Bank. Over 7 years ago I had a Walmart card and a Chevron Card which I defaulted on due to medical reasons. Neither one of them are on my report anymore.  I don't remember who they were with but I'm assuming Synchrony bank from what I'm reading on the forum. Bummer! it cost me an HP. Oh well, it's the only one in years. I haven't received the denial letter yet, this is just my assumption.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Denied Amazon Store Card

Why didn't you apply for the chase one instead? Better rewards.

Message 2 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would wait for the letter to see why, they do not hold previous COs against one forever. Once you get the letter you might want to recon the decision.

Message 3 of 18
Ladyk06
Contributor

Thank you great idea. 

Message 4 of 18
Ladyk06
Contributor

I am not familiar with that one. It was not my intention to apply for either, Amazon tempted me at check out with a huge discount for applying. 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That Amazon check out offer sure is a heck of a temptress. It got me 

somewhere there's a sync recon number I know I've seen it in posts....this sounds familiar.......((searches email))

Try calling this number 855-296-6043

when I apped and got the "processing" they sent me this number the next day. I called them they literally said we wanna ask you some questions, verified info on my report and insta approved. 

no promises but best I have to try and help

Message 6 of 18
Ladyk06
Contributor

Thank you! 

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ladyk06 wrote:

I bit the bullet and applied for the Amazon Store Card. I haven't applied for credit in years. My Fico score is 725 on TU which is what Synchrony bank pulled. I didn't understand it until I started reading posts on here concerning Synchrony Bank. Over 7 years ago I had a Walmart card and a Chevron Card which I defaulted on due to medical reasons. Neither one of them are on my report anymore.  I don't remember who they were with but I'm assuming Synchrony bank from what I'm reading on the forum. Bummer! it cost me an HP. Oh well, it's the only one in years. I haven't received the denial letter yet, this is just my assumption.

Unless the denial letter says something different, I wouldn't be bummed out about it; most creditors are seriously tighting up because of the economy/layoffs/pandemic.  It's just how things are right now; call the reconsideration line, and if they don't offer, ask if they will remove the HP. (if they can) The HP loses its sting after 12 months or so.  

Message 8 of 18
Ladyk06
Contributor

Thank you!

Message 9 of 18
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

Sucks.  I was thinking about pulling the trigger right now but I wanted to see if others had success. 

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.