cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Pay for delete on medical bills? Need Advice.

tag
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Denied Pay for delete on medical bills? Need Advice.

I got sent to collections for two medical bills this year on march, 2013 I called the collection agency to see if they do a pay for delete and there answer was no. Should I even bother paying it? He said it would only say payed in full. If I pay this will it hurt my credit score? Should I do a payment plan of not pay at all? I'm very confused. Should I keep writing letters to this agency too see if they will do PFD? He says the company doesn't do PFD at all. Would like some advice. Please and thanks.
Samsung mobile
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Denied Pay for delete on medical bills? Need Advice.

I would contact the OC and see if you can pay them and they recall the debt from the CA.

Message 2 of 17
jmc912
Valued Member

I would look up the name of the collections company and PFD in a Google search. I called one company and they said no to PFD and then I did some research online and found some tips from people who were successful with PFD. There may just be a different avenue you need to take. Did you only call or did you send a letter? Sometimes you can get the right person on the phone who will be helpful. 

I would go with the last advice also, see if the OC will pull it back since it's recent. 

Good luck!

Message 3 of 17
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

In my experience, I had much better luck getting people to EVENTUALLY agree to pay to delete than sending GW letters.    Once they get paid, there's no incentive for them to do you any favors.  If you asked once and were told no, call back and ask again.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 17
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Cornerstone credit services
Samsung mobile
Message 6 of 17
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

I only called and thanks I will try that where may I get some letter sample fr this sorry it's my first time on this website but thanks for the advice really helps
Samsung mobile
Message 7 of 17
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Okay I will try that what are GW letters do they have any sample letters for these? Thank you I will try my best too keep pushing them.
Samsung mobile
Message 8 of 17
shanac
Frequent Contributor

OP I agree with Guinness & jmc912. I did a search on this forum for my CA after i was told "we don't do PFD". I found one instance from 2008 where someone posted PFD success w/my CA (Debt Recovery Solutions). When I phoned CA back the following week & a different rep told me no, I asked her why. I told her I'd read online where they have done PFDs for "others". She said each case is different. I told her the success story I read was the exact same scenario as mine. (It was.) she asked where I'd read it (myfico forum) and then told her boss. They agreed to PFD & sent me a confirmation email. They were very pleasant to deal with.

I also had success today with my very last CA. The arrangement took place over the phone & without a confirmation email or letter. (Yikes!?) The COO of the CA called me & said they would delete from all three CRAs on April 30th. I'm hopeful he'll honor his word.

Good luck to you.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 17
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Wow that's awesome congrats. Where would I get these awesome stories of success ? Do I just search for them here on fico ? Thank you so much.
Samsung mobile
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.