Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied apartment because of DISMISSED eviction complaint

tag
rMayer
Established Member

Denied apartment because of DISMISSED eviction complaint

I’m beyond frustrated.

A couple months ago I missed the deadline to pay online to my leasing office and was told I had to attend landlord tenant court which I did and paid my amount due in full. I am still in this apartment but leaving due to job relocation. I got denied from an apartment today because they ran my civil records and just the DISMISSED filing caused me to be denied. I called the court and they said there’s nothing they can do. Does anyone have any guidance on how I can resolve this? I can not foresee going 7 years with this one dismissed filing rejecting me from every apartment I apply to.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied apartment because of DISMISSED eviction complaint

Get a copy of the Order of Dismissal from the court and submit it as a dispute.
Chances are that only the eviction shows and not the Order for Dismissal
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had an evicton on my credit report from 2015....i had been able to get apartments. However i paid it off this February and was able to get into a new apartment since I had the letter of proof showing i had taken care of this. 1. this rule varies from each rental company, some are leniant depending on the story behind the eviction, how long its been since the eviction, and if you took care of it.   2. It should fall off of your report within the next few months i would assume....it took mine 2 months to fall of after pay off.  And I also provided my letter of settled debt for back up.   Good luck to you!

Message 3 of 6
rMayer
Established Member

It’s not on my actual credit report because it’s not actually an evocation. It’s showing up in civil records search.
Message 4 of 6
rMayer
Established Member

I wasn’t evicted. I was sent a letter demanding payment and a court date to which I attended and fully paid. This isn’t showing up on my credit report, it’s only showing up on civil records search. National Tenent Network screening search.
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

So the court dismissed the civil complaint because the plaintiff withdrew the action based on your payment?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.