Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied

tag
jeremyd82
Contributor

Denied

Started at 495 now at 603 went to the myopic recommended cards for my score range and was denied now I wasted a inquiry bad decision  on my part I thought I had made some progress but apparently not. I have a car loan that seems to only report on TU not the other two any reason why that would be the case and not be reported to all three its been 9 years now it seems like its on its third collection agency how would I research if this should have fallen off yet?

8/2012 485 FICO
2/2013 611 FICO
6/2013 602 FICO

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Denied

I'm sorry but I am having a hard time deciphering your post.  I can't tell what your questions are.

Message 2 of 7
jeremyd82
Contributor

my apologies a little frustrated. I was wondering can a CA continue to sell my defaulted car loan to keep it from coming off my credit report?It seems to have changed CA's a few times

8/2012 485 FICO
2/2013 611 FICO
6/2013 602 FICO

Message 3 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Depending on your state laws, a car sale is considered a contact, so most likely it's still collectible ten years from the most recent delinquency, that was never recovered from. Was it a repo?
Message 4 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@jeremyd82 wrote:

my apologies a little frustrated. I was wondering can a CA continue to sell my defaulted car loan to keep it from coming off my credit report?It seems to have changed CA's a few times

Yes, they can sell the debt over and over again. They all use the same DoFD which comes from the original creditor.  It is the date you first became delinquent and never brought the account current again.  That date cannot be changed.  It is a federal law.

What I am saying is no matter how many times it is sold, it will still come off your report in 7.5 years from the DoFD.  Selling doesn't restart anything.

The debt will always be owed until paid so they can try to collect forever.

Message 5 of 7
jeremyd82
Contributor

no it was not a repo I was very foolish in my lower 20's but I guess alot of people were the DOFD is displayed on my credit report correct any reason it would on be reported to TU vs the other two or even all three?

8/2012 485 FICO
2/2013 611 FICO
6/2013 602 FICO

Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Creditors sometimes only report to one CRA, not all 3.

TU will show a drop off date, not a DoFD.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.