Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derogatory account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Derogatory account

@Anonymous wrote:

So this is gonna stay on my account for another 10 years?

I'd say yes, but it doesn't seem like a bad thing to me. It says current and doesn't look like a baddie, so I wouldn't worry about it. I'd wager it comes off 7/2030.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about the one that says derogatory though?

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous The account should fall off 7 years from the date of first delinquency. If you pull your credit report from annualcreditreport.com, it will show you an on record date (date when it is supposed to fall off). 

You can pull your reports weekly until next March/April from that website.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 years from date of first delinquency. Thanks for that. I didn't see "on record for" for those two but I did see others with that

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous The account should fall off 7 years from the date of first delinquency. If you pull your credit report from annualcreditreport.com, it will show you an on record date (date when it is supposed to fall off). 

It shows it is a positive account.

Why would you want a positive account removed?

Positive accounts remain 10 years and generally do not have "on record until" dates.

I have an old baddie that turned into a positive TL like OP and it actually has an "on record until" date (well, because it was a baddie and is no longer) and it is 10 years from last update and not 7 from DoFD *because there is no DoFD*. It only shows a single positive mark.

Why anyone would want a positive account removed is puzzling.

Proof:

This was absolutely a CO many years ago, as you can see it has an "on record until" date, but was updated as of the final dispute in 2013 that reflected the account in positive standing.This was absolutely a CO many years ago, as you can see it has an "on record until" date, but was updated as of the final dispute in 2013 that reflected the account in positive standing.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It shows it is a positive account.

Why would you want a positive account removed?

Positive accounts remain 10 years and generally do not have "on record until" dates.

I have an old baddie that turned into a positive TL like OP and it actually has an "on record until" date (well, because it was a baddie and is no longer) and it is 10 years from last update and not 7 from DoFD *because there is no DoFD*. It only shows a single positive mark.

Why anyone would want a positive account removed is puzzling.

Proof:

This was absolutely a CO many years ago, as you can see it has an "on record until" date, but was updated as of the final dispute in 2013 that reflected the account in positive standing.This was absolutely a CO many years ago, as you can see it has an "on record until" date, but was updated as of the final dispute in 2013 that reflected the account in positive standing.

I see, well even if in the comments it says "Account Status: charge off" and in the comments "sold to another lender/transferred to another lender"?

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, as far as I know.

Screenshot_20200826-014425_Drive.jpg

I can let you know in 9 months if I can get this removed. Sorry it is not sooner! At least yours shows zero negative reporting. If this account was positive, I would not want to remove it, but since it has a whole slew of lates, I definitely want it gone!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.