cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperately need help repairing and rebuilding credit

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Visitor

Desperately need help repairing and rebuilding credit

I just stumbled upon this forum yesterday and I am amazed by what I've read so far. I started pulling my credit reports, just last year. So far, I have been able to get a couple of duplicated collections accounts and a large debt bill removed. However, I have a foreclosure, a dismissed chapter 13 from 2006, a judgement against me for $1435 from 2003, and a $966 bill from an old apartment complex (my ex and I split; i left and he stayed) back in 2005. For the last couple of years, I've been trying to play catch-up. I admit that I was careless with my credit, since I got my first card at 18. I want to get as much cleaned up as possible. $4475 is what I owe per my last credit report pulled 1/11/08. I need to know where and how to start. I thought that there was nothing that I could do about all of this, but reading this forum has given me hope. Please help!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Valued Contributor

Re: Desperately need help repairing and rebuilding credit

Is the judgment paid???...you need to try and get it vacated...contact the courts...get all the info...and contact the lawyer...and see if they would be willing to vacate...does the foreclosure show a balance???...or is it closed...maybe you can GW the mortgage company...try to PFD the collections...but try contac tth eOC first...to see if they will accept payment...and pull the account out of collections...
Message 2 of 4
Moderator Emeritus

needabetterscore wrote:
I just stumbled upon this forum yesterday and I am amazed by what I've read so far. I started pulling my credit reports, just last year. So far, I have been able to get a couple of duplicated collections accounts and a large debt bill removed. However, I have a foreclosure, a dismissed chapter 13 from 2006, a judgement against me for $1435 from 2003, and a $966 bill from an old apartment complex (my ex and I split; i left and he stayed) back in 2005. For the last couple of years, I've been trying to play catch-up. I admit that I was careless with my credit, since I got my first card at 18. I want to get as much cleaned up as possible. $4475 is what I owe per my last credit report pulled 1/11/08. I need to know where and how to start. I thought that there was nothing that I could do about all of this, but reading this forum has given me hope. Please help!

Civil and small claim judgments: Remain seven years from the date the judgment is filed.
Bankruptcy: Chapters 7, 11, and 12 remain for 10 years from the filing date. Chapter 13 remains seven years from the filing date. Accounts included in bankruptcy will remain seven years from the date they were reported as included in the bankruptcy.

As mentioned, the only way to get the judgment removed is to have it vacated.

On the Apartment Complex, who is reporting? The OC or CA? What is your SOL?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Message 3 of 4
Valued Contributor

Also, don't neglect the positive: try and get a couple revolving cards if you can...even if you do have to pay high fees. You're probably not going to be able to get all of those baddies removed anytime soon, and in the meantime you want GOOD news on your credit report to help raise your score in the long run.

My site contains strategies on how to deal with the aftermath of a credit "nukeout" and make the climb back from Credit Hell.
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.