Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed explanation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Detailed explanation

Hello,

I have been trying to improve my score for over a year now and finally I have reached a mark I don't know how to go above. Couple of years back my credit score was in 500's because of missed payments, late payments, account going to collection and high credit usage. Finally I managed to get my credit to 745 (Fico 9)

I have 3 late payments with Bofa which they are refusing to remove even after letter of goodwill. Similarly I have 3 late payments between 2 capital one accounts. I had one Citi credit card which went into collection and I paid it off (Unfotunately I was new to credit and I paid it to collection agency for less amount and now it shows paid for less than full, so I believe thats deliquency). I have a student loan of $29000 carrying $13000 balance, I paid off $20000.

My credit card limits are very low, $700, $500 and $1850 respectively. I have been trying to get CLI but to no success. My last missed payment on my active credit card was 30 months back. And I settled my Citi card exactly 2 years back.

Even if I pay off my student loan, I don't think its going to improve my credit. I really want to go above 800 mark. Can you recommend me a way to do it? I have following things in my mind to try.

1) Add my rental payments to my report

2) Taking out couple of small loans (Unnecessary - furniture etc) and pay it off.

3) Since, I am not able to get a CLI on capital one, get a new credit card with higher limit (will I be approved with 745 score)?

4) Try again with Capital one and BoFa to get my late payments removed (I tried it with their executive department)

5) Lastly, hire a credit repair agency to improve my score

Please let me know if any of this options will help or if you have any other ideas? Unfortunately I don't have anyone who could make me an authorize user. 

My credit report is pretty new too, with my oldest being 4 yrs 1 month. I pay off all my 3 credit cards at the end of the month so all of them have 0 balance. All my credit cards statement and minimum payment due dates are the same.

Really appreciate your help,

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Detailed explanation

You should start with option 4) Try again with Capital one and BoFa to get my late payments removed (I tried it with their executive department).  Get those things removed if possible, going to be hard, but possible.  They can see how you keep being late on payments.  Next, i would pay those school loans off if possible and fix any other baddies. I would not apply for anything else unitl the above is finish.  

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.