cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did a PIFD and collection agency reported as "Settlement Reported," Please Help.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did a PIFD and collection agency reported as "Settlement Reported," Please Help.

Hello,

I find myself in a very difficult situation. Today i received a update on my credit report, it stated that the collection agency has reported "Settlement Report" instead of the agreed deletion for payment in full. I have all the documents in writing concerning the PIFD agreement. I called the agency today and the representative stated that he "fixed it" and to wait 30-60 days for the report to come off.  I am skeptical, since it was reported fairly quickly approximately 10 days after i had paid the balance. BTW this was a medical bill. If anyone can help concerning my options and how i can go about this inorder to resolve this. Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Did a PIFD and collection agency reported as "Settlement Reported," Please Help.

Welcome to the forums.

Did he fix it while you were on the phone with him or did he already know about it?

You can file a complaint with the BBB for business practices.  You have a written agreement they failed to honor.  If they value their reputation with them they will correct the wrong.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did a PIFD and collection agency reported as "Settlement Reported," Please Help.

Thanks you! Glad to be here.

Yes, he said to wait 30-60 days for it to not show any longer.  Do you think i'm over shooting the situation or should i just wait?

Message 3 of 6
Jaxavier
New Contributor

They may have just used the wrong code on the UDF when submitted to the CB. they may also only update once a month and if this just happened it my take another 30 days before they submit again. I would wait out 30 days....if not fixed by then, take action.
Message 4 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks you! Glad to be here.

Yes, he said to wait 30-60 days for it to not show any longer.  Do you think i'm over shooting the situation or should i just wait?

Could be.  As bad as some CAs are most honor their word.  It can take that long sometimes.  But if it isn't you have the written agreement as backup.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds reasonable.  Thank you all for the quick response!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.