Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Difference in Scores

I moved this from another forum cause I think it might get better results over here.

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me get at least one of my scores closer to the highest. As of 7/18 EXP was 631, EQ 587 and TU 583.

The weirdest thing to me is that EXP has the most lates at 39, yet it's my highest score. Bad, I know but it's from a CO cc that's due to fall off in Feb-March or so of 09 and a charged off phone bill that's due to fall off a few months later. They comprise 34 of the 39 lates and are all late several years ago so there's nothing I can do about them I know.

On EQ the CO Kohls card doesn't report and the phone bill only has me late 1x.

TU has a credit history 2 years shorter than the others, only shows 3 late payments and has the one collection that hasn't yet been deleted. It's my lowest score by 4 points though. It also does not list my JCP Card which was the first CC I got and still have open.

All the balances are reporting the same, maybe a few $$ difference here or there, but I'm not overly worried about that right now cause I'm getting my util down anyway. They're around 3200 but It's under 2800 now, to be cut in half this month when I pay my biggest balance off.

Exp has 4 INQ, EQ 3 and TU 3 as well.

I'm not applying for anything new until mortgage time in March-May or so of next year (Need to close mid June), I'm paying everything off, keeping my util limited to 2 or 3 cards a month (have a total of 7 non store ccs) and under 8-9% of the C/L when they're paid off but is there anything else I can do to get the scores more in line with each other? If there's still this large a gap when I apply for my mortgage, it's going to hurt my rate obviously.

Following up. I called (after searching for a LONG time) a number for corporate offices at JCP. I was told that she would report my account to TU. I'm thinking an open tradeline that's 10-11 years old will help. I also faxed after our call because I'd forgotten to mention that TC shows EQ closed and I know closed accounts only stay on for a short time. This is my oldest or 2nd oldest TL so I don't wanna lose it. Think it will help if my av age goes up with TU and another positive TL is added? It will report a small balance for a month or two, just to show activity since it's been well over a year since I used it last. I bought something online and plan to pay half the balance as soon as it hits the card and the rest next month since she said the card was inactive.

Crossing my fingers this helps me. Open to any other suggetsions.

Thanks!
Karen
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.