cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Information on Credit Monitoring site than CB's.

tag
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

Different Information on Credit Monitoring site than CB's.

Need advice on how to proceed with a possible dispute.  But first want to verify with the experts here.  If an unpaid medical collection from 2015 is showing the "date of last activity" updating each month and showing the same as the reported date, is that holding my score down?  Also, this information shows up on my identityIQ report with all 3 CB's, but doesn't show anywhere on the actual credit bureaus direct website.  How can what the CB's show and what the credit monitoring sites show be so different?  Also, let me clarify.  The account shows DOFD as 4/2014, so I know it is due to delete 7 1/2 years after that, but I'm concerned the DOLA is holding it as a recent debt.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Different Information on Credit Monitoring site than CB's.

@Sadie5150 wrote:

Need advice on how to proceed with a possible dispute.  But first want to verify with the experts here.  If an unpaid medical collection from 2015 is showing the "date of last activity" updating each month and showing the same as the reported date, is that holding my score down? Yup, any CO or CA account updating monthly is holding down your Fico score it looks brand new in its eyes even though the event may have happened years ago. It is legal to do this and is a weapon to try and force you to settle with them before you can obtain new credit. Good thing with medicals is they are easy to get removed

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, if not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3.  ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Also, this information shows up on my identityIQ report with all 3 CB's, but doesn't show anywhere on the actual credit bureaus direct website.  How can what the CB's show and what the credit monitoring sites show be so different?  Also, let me clarify.  The account shows DOFD as 4/2014, so I know it is due to delete 7 1/2 years after that, but I'm concerned the DOLA is holding it as a recent debt. DOLA has no effect on Fico its the status date that does

Message 2 of 3
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

Re: Different Information on Credit Monitoring site than CB's.

@gdale6

Thank you for the information.  I appreciate it Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.