cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digging out of the Credit Slums- On the right track?

tag
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Digging out of the Credit Slums- On the right track?

If you list the collection agencies, you may get better advice on how to deal with them.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:
If you list the collection agencies, you may get better advice on how to deal with them.

IC Systems; $692, scheduled to fall off 2/19

National Credit Audit Corp- $7890 (an eviction from last year.  I only owe the complex about $1800, they tacked on a bunch of attorney's fees when they sold to the CA)

Ntl Rec Agency: $366 (Medical bill) sch to fall 12/23, $637 sch to fall 8/2023

Portfolio Recovery: $255, 2/2022

Professional Bureau of Co: $659, 8/2021

Receivables Mgmt: $214, 2/23

Central Collection Unit of MD: $1086 (school debt), scheduled to fall off in November

I am willing and able to pay all of these within the next few weeks, with the exception of the one from the eviction.  I really don't feel like I should have to pay nearly $5000 in fees given the circumstance (I was in month 10 of my 12 month lease and partially paid for the month I vacated.  I'm happy to agree to pay through the end of my lease, but those fees are exorbitant in my opinion.)

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, and the one scheduled to fall off in November, should I just leave that one alone for now and let it drop?  

Message 13 of 26
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

You can try a PFD but it's probably still within the SOL so there's a good chance you may end up with a judgement too. If it was a true eviction then the attorney fees are valid. I would start by sending a DV to each of them. They may send back the validation with a settlement offer, in which you could respond with a PFD request.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 14 of 26
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Yes, I would leave the November one alone and work on the others.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:
You can try a PFD but it's probably still within the SOL so there's a good chance you may end up with a judgement too. If it was a true eviction then the attorney fees are valid. I would start by sending a DV to each of them. They may send back the validation with a settlement offer, in which you could respond with a PFD request.

Yes, and a judgement is the last thing I need!  Thanks so much, I'll try that with the others.  

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@1) @Anonymous is correct (or course 😉) but it actually looks like the OP has the 3&1 squared away right now.

She's got
A) Comenity
B) Open Sky
C) First Bank

They aren't the prettiest in the bunch but they'll serve her purposes, till she does some work and IMO probably pops a good unsecured account from Navy, when the time is right.

Oops!  Boy, you would think that someone with a degree in applied mathematics would at least be able to count to 3... Smiley Embarassed

Guess I should just stick to being the Welcome Committee!  

@Anonymous't worry, @Anonymous, fortunately, we have good folks on here (like @Anonymous) to help keep the rif-raf (like me, apparently) in line when we mess up. 

Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@1) @Anonymous is correct (or course 😉) but it actually looks like the OP has the 3&1 squared away right now.

She's got
A) Comenity
B) Open Sky
C) First Bank

They aren't the prettiest in the bunch but they'll serve her purposes, till she does some work and IMO probably pops a good unsecured account from Navy, when the time is right.

Oops!  Boy, you would think that someone with a degree in applied mathematics would at least be able to count to 3... Smiley Embarassed

Guess I should just stick to being the Welcome Committee!  

@Anonymous't worry, @Anonymous, fortunately, we have good folks on here (like @Anonymous) to help keep the rif-raf (like me, apparently) in line when we mess up. 

Smiley Very Happy

You know what's funny though?  I don't really count the Comenity card bc I consider it a department store card bc I can only use it at that one store.  When I responded after that, I was thinking "Oh, I need to open a 3rd card then"  LOLOL!!!!  

Message 18 of 26
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, and the one scheduled to fall off in November, should I just leave that one alone for now and let it drop?  

It's just me but I would be asking for an early exclusion on this one.

edit: Port. Recovery accepted a PFD for DW when were prepping for our mortgage. We did PIF though.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get those student loans in rehab asap and complete the program -- they will report the loans as current and remove all negatives.  You'll get a massive boost for that.  Other than that, unfortunately it's going to take a few years to pull yourself above 600 with such a recent repo and charge offs/collections -- its a ton of damage that will take time to heal.  My credit profile was very similar to yours in ~ 2008.  I'm now in the 800's, but it took a lot of work and serious patience.  The student loans going through rehab was a boost of about 70 pts or so.  Still, you have some major items (repo, charge offs) that are going to take a long time to come off the reports so they no longer impact you.  Unfortunately it's going to take a lot of patience.  Once you clean up what you have control over, its a game of patience as in years.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.