Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DirecTV Inquiry??

tag
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

DirecTV Inquiry??

Yesterday I signed up for cable service with DirecTV. Today I received a SW alert saying that I had a new hard inquiry from DirecTV. I do not recall them ever stating that they would check my credit and I don't recall agreeing to it. Is this a permissible purpose?

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Re: DirecTV Inquiry??

I'm afraid so when you ordered service Smiley Sad

(f)  Consents Regarding Credit. In order to establish an account with us, you authorize us to inquire into your creditworthiness (subject to Section 6), by checking with credit reporting agencies. If you are delinquent in any payment to us, you also authorize us to report any late payment or nonpayment to credit reporting agencies. Due to the subjective nature of creditworthiness, we reserve the right to require prepayment for any Service via cashier's check, money order or credit card, notwithstanding your credit rating, past history or practice.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/legal/customer_agreement

Message 2 of 3
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: DirecTV Inquiry??

Thanks! It's not that big of a deal since I currently have zero inquiries in the last 12 months and only 1-2 in the last 24, but I was surprised to see that they pulled my credit!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.