Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Loans 60 day :( - Update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Direct Loans 60 day :( - Update

I have had a perfect payment record for the last 7 years and restored my credit because of this board. It is with sad regret that I am back. I just got notice of a 60 day deliquent on my 3 CRs. I had reoccuring payment setup but they ran out and I wasn't watching. Smiley Sad I logged in today and pay my account up to date. Just looking for some advise on damage control. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
GreenThumb553
Valued Member

Re: Direct Loans 60 day :(

Student loans are tricky. You could possibly write a GW letter to them.  You may want to send it to someone higher up, though, as well consumer affairs. You definitely want to explain what happened.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Direct Loans 60 day :( - Update

So I called today and spoke to a customer representative and explained what happen. She of course told me that they couldn't remove the mark. She then asked if I want a tempore forbearance until my payment was confirmed and I said yes. I just logged on to the site and the forbearance is dated all the way back to the original payment date before I was late. Could this help me in some way?

Message 3 of 7
gogocred
Established Member

I was in a similar situation, my temporary forebearance retroactively removed my lates. That's great news!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be great. I will update this post when I pull my reports in a month.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jogo4life can you go into more detail on how your lates were removed? did it just happen or did you request a removal? I'm in the same situation with late being reported then going into temporary forbearance and I really want to get those lates removed! Thank you!

Message 6 of 7
traveler2005
Established Contributor

It interesting that they put a 60 day late on your account, I was told by them 2 years ago that they didn't report until you were 90 days late. And the same thing when they were changing their system over about a year ago. Must have been a change in their policy.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.