Did you mean: 

Direct dispute after BK

tag
Flyboy760

Direct dispute after BK

@Shogun wrote:

This is an example of a direct dispute.

Props to guiness56 and RoberEG for this one.  Smiley Happy

This is a Notice of Direct Dispute with you, under the provisions of FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have reported to my credit file.

►       (If sent to a debt collector, (CA), it might be beneficial to also include the blurb

This is a direct dispute of credit reporting. This is not a request for debt validation/verification  under FDCPA §809(b)

(don’t let them just simply sluff it off as a meaningless  DV letter)

In compliance with FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), and enacting regulations published at  16 CFR § 660.4, this Notice of Direct dispute includes:

Identification of the specific information being disputed:

(specify the account number, and the specific information that is disputed under that identifying account)

Basis for the dispute:

(how the reporting was inaccurate;    was any reporting in violation of any statutory or  regulatory provisions?  account or express agreements?  CRA reporting gudelines?  Account not yours? etc.)

Supporting documentation:

(all documents that support your dispute; it is recommened to also include, as part of your documentation, at least a copy of the portion only of your recent credit report showing their reporting of the disputed information was actually reported to your credit flle.  The implementing rule suggests a  showing  that it appeared in your credit report)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this.  I do not know if I am in the right thread.  If not, I hope I can be redirected.

Do you think the above will apply for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?  I need help cleaning my Experian credit report.  My BK7 was discharged last year and all CRAs but Experian have reported clean slate with every thing erased, save for the BK7 public record of course.

My Experian credit report, although the discharge is clearly disclosed, still contains every and all credit accounts I have opened.  I think the only reason why I got approved for credit cards lately was because the inquiries were done on Trans Union and Equifax--they are CapOne for the Quicksilver, Barclays and Amazon opened only last month, February 2014.

How do I clean my Experian file to come close to that of Equifax and Trans Union?

Thank you so much for any thoughts.

OP, I split off your post and started your own thread for better chances of responses.  Feel free to edit the subject.  guiness56, myFICO Moderator.

CH7 Discharged 6/2/2013 | Southwest Visa Sig (AU) 16,600 | CapOne Quicksilver One 3,000 | Barclays Rewards MC 1,300 | Amazon Store Card 800 | Walmart 600 | JCrew 250
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Flyboy760

Re: Direct dispute after BK

Thank you for redirecting my post Smiley Happy

CH7 Discharged 6/2/2013 | Southwest Visa Sig (AU) 16,600 | CapOne Quicksilver One 3,000 | Barclays Rewards MC 1,300 | Amazon Store Card 800 | Walmart 600 | JCrew 250
Message 2 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forums.

When you file a BK, all the accounts will still be on your credit report.  The only difference is that they will show IIB with a 0 balance.  There is nothing that says the accounts need to be deleted after it is discharged.

Each one will still be removed 7.5 years from the DoFD of the OC account if they were delinquent when you filed.

Message 3 of 8
Flyboy760

@guiness56 wrote:

When you file a BK, all the accounts will still be on your credit report.  The only difference is that they will show IIB with a 0 balance.  There is nothing that says the accounts need to be deleted after it is discharged.

Thank you for the response. What about Trans Union and Equifax? They don't show anything except for the public record.

Each one will still be removed 7.5 years from the DoFD of the OC account if they were delinquent when you filed.

7.5 Years Smiley Sad And the EX report shows their last status like 90 days/150, CLS, etc

Message 4 of 8
Flyboy760

By the way, what is DoFD and OC. Thanks again Moderator. So many questions.
Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

OC is original creditor and DoFD is the date of first delinquency.

You can look in my signature for common abbreviations,.

The OC I think you can figure out.  The DoFD, in case you didn't know, is the date you first became delinquent on an account and never brought it current before it was charged off or sent to collections.  This is the date that exlcusions of accounts from your credit report are based on, per the FCRA.

Message 6 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Flyboy760 wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

Thank you for the response. What about Trans Union and Equifax? They don't show anything except for the public record.

7.5 Years Smiley Sad And the EX report shows their last status like 90 days/150, CLS, etc

Not sure why they would have removed every account you had.  That isn't right, unless the DoFD had expired.

Message 7 of 8
Flyboy760

I see.  I'll see if I can do something to my Experian report to lessen the damaging picture.  I will let you know in this thread.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.