Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directv gw advice

tag
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Directv gw advice

MY mom went into collections with them over a year ago and we paid them off and now have service with them again. THe problem is that it shows on her CR as collections paid. DO you think a gw letter could maybe convince them to remove it since we got service with them again or what else can I do. ALSO , if I do this , does anyone know who to email or where to send the letter.

THanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Re: Directv gw advice

anyone have any advice on this

Message 2 of 9
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

It couldn't hurt!  Since the account she has now is current they might consider it.  Give it a try. (Personally, I would call.)  Hopefully you'll get more advice from others.  :-)

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 3 of 9
TravisD
Contributor

There's an email for a DirecTV contact int his post: 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=44106&query.id=3649#M44106

........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........
Message 4 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Just because it is paid and you have service again doesn't mean it can't still report as long as it is accurate.

A GW letter could work.  Send it to the address on the CR or you could send it to the corporate office.  You can google that.

Message 5 of 9
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Heres something Im also confused about , it was sold to a collections agency that works with directv , so is it directv reporting it or the collections agency.

Thanks for all the help as well.

Message 6 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 7 of 9
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

it says midland funding but I remember we paid directv..we didnt pay the collection agency

Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Since Midland is reporting, that is who you send the GW to.  Use the address on the report or try to find an email address for them.

I've seen it go both ways with Midland.  Some have good luck, others don't.  But it is worth trying.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.