cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing act 1: Yes we see your report, No you dont have a FICO score. What Barclay?

tag
Gramy
Established Member

Disappearing act 1: Yes we see your report, No you dont have a FICO score. What Barclay?

I applied for credit - trying to rebuild - to Barclay. The declined me & sent me a letter stating:

Insufficient number of credit cards on your report

Too few accounts with sufficient satisfactory performance

I decided to call them directly & see if I could work something out with them & get the card.

The convo basics are this:

"You have no FICO score"

"What do you mean? I have no FICO score. You obviously pulled my report from Experian & TU"

"We can't approve you or even continue with no FICO score...We recommend you call TU...."

"I bank with TD Bank, they pulled my report days ago, and were able to see my report & a score. I don't understand"

"I'm sorry we can't help you"

Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disappearing act 1: Yes we see your report, No you dont have a FICO score. What Barclay?

@Gramy wrote:

I applied for credit - trying to rebuild - to Barclay. The declined me & sent me a letter stating:

Insufficient number of credit cards on your report

Too few accounts with sufficient satisfactory performance

I decided to call them directly & see if I could work something out with them & get the card.

The convo basics are this:

"You have no FICO score"

"What do you mean? I have no FICO score. You obviously pulled my report from Experian & TU"

"We can't approve you or even continue with no FICO score...We recommend you call TU...."

"I bank with TD Bank, they pulled my report days ago, and were able to see my report & a score. I don't understand"

"I'm sorry we can't help you"

Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Yes, if you have no OCs on your report a FICO score cannot be generated or if they are new TLS a FICO score cannot be generated until at least one of them becomes 6 months old. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Gramy
Established Member

Re: Disappearing act 1: Yes we see your report, No you dont have a FICO score. What Barclay?

gdale6:

Thanks for the reply & the welcoming. 

There were no new tradlines at the time of the credit check by Barclay in Feb2014. In addition, there were & still are OC's.

And furthermore, TD Bank pulled my report from the same CA's as Barclay. TD Bank indicated a FICO score existed.

I have not applied for new credit in the last 4-6yrs other than TD Bank. TD Bank inquiry & consequently as a TL, didn't exist when Barclay pulled the report the 1st time - sending me the denial letter. And then today, when I called to work something out, TD Bank is only showing as an inquiry - I have not even recieved the TD Bank card in the mail yet. 

Are there any other reasons Barclay would not see a FICO score?

Message 3 of 4
Gramy
Established Member

Update:

Turns out, after buddying up with the TD Bank rep & begging for answers. TD Bank told me they actually DIDN'T see a score either. So, since I have been inactive with credit usage - my score...."disappeared" - I believe that is gdale6 was saying. thanks for the info! Isn't it funny how TD Bank indicated they saw a score - so I thought, but really the rep was just "yessing" me. It took some pushing to actually get  that rep to find the truth.

The good news is that getting a secured card was definitely a good choice for me. It was like a jolt of life to my credit report - bringing my score back from the dead.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.