Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged Medical DEBT PLEASE READ

tag
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Discharged Medical DEBT PLEASE READ

Hi

My situation is I have 10 negative tradelines that CMRE is reporting on experian and it has been so difficult to get deleted from my CR. The question is these debts were never sold to this CA they were just assigned. But since they have been discharged doesn't that mean they can not longer report on my CR because they were never sold, don't they have to send these accounts back to the OC? Which avenues can I proceed with because these are affecting me and I want them gone!

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discharged Medical DEBT PLEASE READ

Did they assign this medical debt after your BK filing date?

If so, then do a direct dispute with the CA and the OC.

I had one debt in my BK assigned to a CA after my discharge. I contacted the CA directly (by phone originally because I was hoppin mad) and naturally the CSR at the CA's office was uncooperative. However, I explained that it is a violation of the discharge injunction to have a CA collect on discharged debt and if it wasn't immediately removed, I would go back to my attorney to haul the CA into court.  The CSR laughed but his supervisor called me back within an hour and the entire collection was removed within 24 hours via e-OSCAR. By the way, I wasn't just threatening. It is a serious violation to collect on a discharged debt.

You can get rid of all of those CA tradelines. It probably would be better to do it in writing though....Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

No, the tradelines were already on my experian report previously. I got them deleted from transunion by disputing the tradelines. Experian won't budge and I am all out of answers.

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Actually, it doesn't matter if they were sold or assigned.  The CA had permission to collect the debt, either by ownership or by assignment.  That makes their reporting legitimate.  Have you tried to GW them?  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

They will not budge the 10 tradelines equal about 20,000 dollars of medical debt. Smiley Sad The tradelines say they will drop 2019 a long long time away..

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.