cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco Secured - coming up on month 7! Update: GRADUATED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disco Secured - coming up on month 7! Update: GRADUATED!

Hoping with crossed fingers that my Discover Secured I opened last year will unlock early next month and graduate to a full card. Given the responses for Disco around here, it seems likely! This would be my first secured card ever to graduate - though, to be fair, my other ones were closed before they could.

Does anyone have any tips, tricks or insight to maximize the chances for graduation, such as leaving a small balance on the card, etc? I have been PIF every month (usually weekly) I've had the card, and doing a lot of spend to maximize cash back. 

Using the FICO scorecard provided by Discover (TU) there has been a roughly ~100pt increase from when I obtained the card 10/2018 to now, though I am still mid-600's at best.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disco Secured - coming up on month 7!

Oh the anticipation.
Same boat here. 🚣‍♀️
I opened mine in October 2018 as well.
We won't know until we do. A watched pot never boils, so I just keep doing my best.

All the best to you.👍
Message 2 of 8
DebtJoe
Regular Contributor

It really depends on what your overall profile looks like.

If you still have baddies to clear up, that might give Discover caution when deciding on whether or not to unsecure your account.

Good luck!

8/1/2018 FICO Scores:

6/29/2021 FICO Scores:
Message 3 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Good luck you guys, there's no trick to it. It took 21 months for mine and they still won't give me a second card

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just logged into my Discover app and saw the CLI from $1k deposit to $2k and the CLI page no longer warns about deposits! Looks like graduation, so stoked.

Took 7 statements + 4 days. Statement cut on the 10th.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy dance 🥳💃🏻💃🏽🕺🏾💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽

Congratulations. My statement doesn't cut until the 20th. Hopefully I can join you at the Big Kids table shortly thereafter. 😊

Good on you
Message 6 of 8
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats, OP!!👍

I’m still waiting on mine to grad-1yr+couple days...so, we’ll see next month(?)

Congrats, again and enjoy!!

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 7 of 8
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on the graduation! Smiley Happy

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.