cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco graduate (Not all graduations are happy)

tag
Grizzly1
Contributor

Disco graduate (Not all graduations are happy)

Well here we are at seven months and I'm finally able to post my success along with some data points to start this thread off. Every month was PIF, never was there any interest fees paid.

June: Nine transactions, one PIF. $293.49. This was the one month I had a statement cut that was just under 30% because I thought that was how it was done so I didn't charge anymore until the statement was cut then immediatly PIF. I soon learned from this site that I can make multiple payments. Game on! From here on out I ran everything on this card vs using my debit card or cash.

July: 16 Transactions with four payments. I ran $995 through the card but let statement show only $56.81 then PIF. (Still learning)

August: 63 Transactions with 10 payments throughout the month. I ran $1,836.87 through the card and only let $19.95 post then PIF.

September: 72 Transactions with 13 payments throughout the month. I ran $2,049.90 through the card and only let $26 post then PIF. 

October: 48 Transactions with 7 payments. I ran $1,758 through the card and only let $9.91 post.

November: 65 Transactions with 6 payments. I ran $1,440 through the card and only let $14.57 post.

December: 53 Transactions with 5 payments. Ran $1,337.20 through the card and let $21.77 post.

My TU Fico went from a lowly 554 to a not so lowly 622.

Swiped the card a total of 326 times and made 46 payments in seven months. 

Started with a $1000 CL and with all the love I showed Miss Disco, she showers me with only a $750 CLI. I am/was dumbfounded. I was thinking for sure I'd get bumped up to $2500. I'm not complaining as I still graduated, but am certainly suprised. 

8/2019: EQ 617, TU 578, EX 628
9/2021: EQ 684, TU 662, EX 671
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disco graduate (Not all graduations are happy)

A graduation is always good, and Disco is about as predictable as a bipolar five year old when it comes to CLIs. None are guaranteed, so any auto-increase is good. It may not the the amount you’d like, but keep paying as you are and showing them the swipes and more will come. Congrats on the success Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Congrats on the graduation! I've gone from 586 to 679 and still no graduation after 12 months (statement date was the 4th, so still hoping I make it this time around). Be happy, it will grow! At least you have your money back.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 3 of 7
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Kudos!

As a reminder, CLI and Graduation is (much, much) more than spending patterns.  

Your score is still modest.  Continue good habits, let time pass, and your score and profile will improve.  That is what will generate meaningful CLI.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 4 of 7
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on Graduation!

I know you were disappointed, but that's still a 75% CLI, which is not insignificant.
My first Disco CLI was $200 (to $1400 or 14%), so you are ahead of where I was (mine was not a secured, but still, Discover is unpredictable).

Congrats on your credit progress as well as the graduation and CLI - I'm sure you'll have higher limit cards in no time Smiley Happy

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 7
Grizzly1
Contributor

CLI is what it is. I wasn't upset so much mad as I was suprised and dissapointed. I have been enjoying the daily score increases as of the last two days. My TU just went up another 5 points from a CLI from my Cap1 platinum going from $600 to $900 ($500 deposit) and I never even knew until MyFico letting me know. And I suspect that it will go up another four points when my Apple card shows back up again.

8/2019: EQ 617, TU 578, EX 628
9/2021: EQ 684, TU 662, EX 671
Message 6 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! All of us had to pay our dues to get back on top of our credit at one time. So many of us were in your shoes. The we want it now is true. But in time patience pays off. You'll get there. Just takes time. Three yrs ago I had my first Disco at $1200. Just closed a card at $6000 and got a CLI on the one I kept. Now its a $15,000 card. So Miss Disco will grow. She can be batty at times. But does show love too when you least expect it. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.