tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover 7th Statement Cuts Today

Nothing yet lol..
Message 31 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've posted before that Discover didn't like me. I've almost reached my 1 year mark and my account is still secured. Well I decided to try the pre-qualification site and was pre-qualifed/approved for 3 cards: It, Chrome & Travel Rewards. Since my secured card was an It card and I don't travel much, I decided on the Chrome. I was approved with a SL of $5K Smiley Surprised Well blow me down! So once I get my new card, I'll probably close my secured account.

Message 32 of 52
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 33 of 52
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

That's exciting to hear. Congratulations! I'd keep the secured card opened until it graduates and for AAoOA.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 34 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Friday!
Message 35 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks@SweetCreditObsession. I think you are making a good point as well. Thanks cause I ddin't think about that cause I was disappointed with Discover. I still can't understand why but I'll take what I was given and move forward.

Message 36 of 52
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

My eight statement cut today, hoping I get lucky this time. My **bleep** TU score is stuck in the 620s.

Message 37 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

F/U @ SweetCreditObsession,

I did go ahead and close the secured card. I did it cause I opened it actually after I had already opened my C1 cards. I'd since opened cards after it as well so I don't think it will hurt my score too much or too long. Also when I called to close it, there was no trying to figure out why it hadn't unsecured. The CSR was very nice and friendly but went ahead and closed it at my request. I'm now waiting for the funds to be returned to me, which will take up to 2 billing cycles plus 7-10 days I think. So once I get it, I'll stick into a sinking fund.

Message 38 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I am still in the basement just over 600 on all 3 reports, and discover will not graduate me, or prequalify, for that matter no one will, sigh, I've had my disco secured for 16 months now, I also have a cap one that will turn 6th statement in Nov., by then score should be around 650, I have a feeling they won't graduate or cli either. Smiley Sad

Message 39 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you ever missed a payment with them? I ask cause I read in another thread many folks had some type of payment issue where a payment was returned. In my case, I never went over my CL, PIF and even left a small balance to report and never had an issue with a late or missed payment. Still account never graduated. 

So if you haven't had any issues, try a cold app and see what happens. Oh also make sure you haven't had any other negative marks within the past year with any creditors.

Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.