cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Charge offs improperly reported?

tag
dacv01
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover Charge offs improperly reported?

@thornback 

I truly appreciate the time on that response. Once this updates, I will advise. If payments do not change I will go this route. 

> 5 Inquiries, AAoC 4 years, AoOA 7 years, 11 months as of September 2021
Message 11 of 12
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover Charge offs improperly reported?

@dacv01 wrote:

@thornback 

I truly appreciate the time on that response. Once this updates, I will advise. If payments do not change I will go this route. 

Sounds like a plan.    BTW -- I'm not one to discourage Direct Disputes -- I went that route and was successful in getting a paid charge-off removed due to contininued innaccurate reporting post-disputes.   It took a year of Direct Disputes tho (5 dispute letters total) ... each dispute provided a new piece of 'evidence' so it could not be deemed frivilous.  Each time I disputed, they updated the tradeline -- but to my benefit, I was dealing with a subprime predatory lender that wasn't very good at the whole 'accurate reporting' thing,  so each time they updated, they made another error - so I was able to add a new innaccuracy to my list for my next dispute.  Eventually, they just deleted.   

I just wanted you to understand that it's a not necessarily a one and done thing and the likelihood of being successful (full deletion of the tradeline) is pretty low -- especially when dealing with a reputable lender. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.