Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover FICO score vs. FICO scores from FICO Website

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Discover FICO score vs. FICO scores from FICO Website

Is there any difference between Discover FICO score vs. FICO scores from FICO Website ? How do they compare or how do they differ ?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover FICO score vs. FICO scores from FICO Website

They're the same. It might be different when you log in to get the score on different days. Otherwise identical.

Message 2 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Discover uses TU Fico 8 classic. It's accurate as of the day it was pulled, just like any score, it's a snapshot in time. 

If you pull your TU report from FI on a different day, they may no longer be identical if there were any changes to your report.

So, your score from Discover is accurate as far as the day it was pulled. Same goes for the subscription. They may not match throughout the month as changes to CR can lead to score recalculation.

Message 3 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

They're the same. It might be different when you log in to get the score on different days. Otherwise identical.

Than means there is no reason to pay $19.95 and get the TU FICO report for scores ?

Message 4 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Than means there is no reason to pay $19.95 and get the TU FICO report for scores ?

In a way. Yes. You can get your 3 FICO scores from Credit Check Total for $1 and then cancel before the trial is up. Repeat it again when you want. In the meantime you'll still get your monthly EX FICO score.

Message 5 of 7
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

I tried the Credit Check Total And they only give you the updated EX score for $1. They won’t update the other two until you pay the full subscription price. So the EQ was from April/May and my TU didn’t show a score at all. I still cancelled before paying full price. CK was showing info for EQ and TU. So they were holding until I paid full price. This was in early June. I have myFICO now, but probably won’t keep it. Just to let everyone know my experience.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 6 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Rebuild2019 wrote:
I tried the Credit Check Total And they only give you the updated EX score for $1. They won’t update the other two until you pay the full subscription price. So the EQ was from April/May and my TU didn’t show a score at all. I still cancelled before paying full price. CK was showing info for EQ and TU. So they were holding until I paid full price. This was in early June. I have myFICO now, but probably won’t keep it. Just to let everyone know my experience.

Try this: https://usa.experian.com/#/registration?offer=at_fcras100&br=exp

There is 2 versions. CCT is owned by EX. This site gives you your updated score and report once a month. Once you sign in you can go straight to the EX stuff. Or try the trial for all 3 and then cancel. And it will go back to the free EX monthly update.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.