Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT, Barclays or CapOne QS?

tag
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover IT, Barclays or CapOne QS?

I called the recon number for Barclay card and the rep was going to approve me if I would have had a revolving line of credit for at least a year. My score was low 500s
Message 31 of 36
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You have argued every point that someone makes when they advise you against applying by saying you've seen people get it. If you knew your own answer, why ask? Everyone here is just trying to help you since, after all, you did ask.

OP asks questions he already knows the answers to... See his $6898 collection thread.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You have argued every point that someone makes when they advise you against applying by saying you've seen people get it. If you knew your own answer, why ask? Everyone here is just trying to help you since, after all, you did ask.

OP asks questions he already knows the answers to... See his $6898 collection thread.

Any help or questions is appreciated.. Let's be respectful Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 36
Mortalito77
Regular Contributor

Ok,

Here's my opinion which directly impacts your question. You have to look at the bigger picture, here's why. You can have a 600 score because you are new to credit, having said that you could just be there because you don't have enough time dealing with credit (which is awesome) but you can also have a 600 score with your credit completely a pure mess, CO, COFFs, MCO, you name it. In other words, what you have to consider and ask yourself how strong is your credit profile besides the actual score and that will determine if you are ready to apply for any credit card.

I'll give you another example, many credit companies want to see high scores, but ontop of that they want to see a clean report. You could have a high score but not a clean report if that makes sense to you. You could have a late payment here and there and your score could be high but get denied because of that, then again, you could be someone with a score not so high and get approved for a low amount or like discover, get approved for a secured card just to get you in the door and see how you handle that secured card.

Alot of people guess, they don't know the answer to the questions and start to give you what they think is correct. Look at what makes sense to you, do you have recent collections, lates, are you maxed out on your credit cards? look at all 3 reports, because at the end credit card companies will pull Ex, Eq, Tu, but they are sometimes difficult to figure out as far as who they will pull at that moment. You hope they will pull Ex because your score is higher there, but then you get surprised and they pull TU. Just make sure all your reports look good, have aged enough with credit lines and you are on top of your payments with relatively low utilization and man, you can get the best credit card when you are ready for it. It's only my opinion, I could still be all wrong... have a nice day. Let us know which one you get approved for if you decide to apply for any of them.

The WorLd Is Yours

Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mortalito77 wrote:

Ok,

Here's my opinion which directly impacts your question. You have to look at the bigger picture, here's why. You can have a 600 score because you are new to credit, having said that you could just be there because you don't have enough time dealing with credit (which is awesome) but you can also have a 600 score with your credit completely a pure mess, CO, COFFs, MCO, you name it. In other words, what you have to consider and ask yourself how strong is your credit profile besides the actual score and that will determine if you are ready to apply for any credit card.

I'll give you another example, many credit companies want to see high scores, but ontop of that they want to see a clean report. You should have a high score but not a clean report if that makes sense to you. You could have a late payment here and there and your score could be high but get denied because of that, then again, you could be someone with a score not so high and get approved for a low amount or like discover get approved for a secured card just to get you in the door and see how you handle that secured card.

Alot of people here guess, they don't know the answer to the questions and start to give you what they hope is correct. Look at what makes sense, do you have recent collections, lates, are you maxed out on your credit cards? how are your reports ALL 3 looking, because we research all the time which companies pull Ex, Eq, Tu, but they are sometimes difficult to figure out as far as who they will pull at that moment when you are applying for that credit card. You might think they will pull Ex because your score is higher there, but then you get surprised and they pull TU. Just make sure all your reports look good, have aged enough with credit lines and you are on top of your payments with relatively low utilization and man, you can get the best credit card when you are ready for it. It's only my opinion, I could still be all wrong... have a nice day. Let us know which one you get approved for if you decide to apply for any of them.

Thank you. I have almost a clean report. Only have 2 collections left and no lates, constant on-time payments, and 0-10% utlization always.

But, thanks for the advice. I don't intend to apply until my installment loan ages for 6 months so, a credit card company can see the 6 month of payment history. That will give me several more months to get the rest of my collections off. Thats my whole goal.. I was just asking which card is the best out of the 3.. 

Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

If those are your only baddies, your score should be much higher than it is.  I have a paid charge off and 1 90 day late payment, 1 60 day late payment, and 1 paid collection on EQ. Are you sure those are your only baddies?

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.