cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Secured Card

tag
AHillCJ

Discover It Secured Card

Hey all! New here to the forums. I recently activated my secured Discover It credit card on 11/01/19 and called and was told the statement close date was 11/06/19 so I charged $13 on 11/02/2019 and let that hit the statement and today I get a notification that my score increased on Equifax by 20 points and Experian by 50 points and shows a 7% uti ratio on my credit report. I also just activated my new Regions Secured credit card today so I am hoping that will add even more points once that account shows up on my credit report. I also have an auto loan I got in 08/18 with a very high interest rate from Santander Consumer. Hopefully I can refinance in the near future. I have approx 4 collection accts on TU and Experian and 7 medical accounts and 1 credit card on Equifax.

I really appreciate all of the tips you all give and keep up the good work!

Starting Scores:

10/15/19- Eq= 585, TU=613, Ex=620

11/8/19-    Eq=605, TU=?,       Ex=670

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover It Secured Card

Congratulations on your success!
Message 2 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nice job so far. List your collection agency names and you may have some that pay for delete (PFD) Any negs you got list them also and we can help you finish them off.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ this. Let’s work your scores from both ends - growth from new and positive tradelines, and also from the deletion of old negatives.
Message 4 of 12
AHillCJ

Thanks so much! Here are the negatives I have.

Experian: -ARS Account Resolution (2 accounts both showing $676 one opened 08/16 and the other 04/17)

-Midland Funding( Credit One Bank Collection opened 03/14 for $692)

- Advanced Collection Bureau(Apartment collection opened on 08/13 for $4,081)

TransUnion: --Midwest Recovery Systems(Medical bill $686 reported 03/19)

- Account Resolution Services (Medical 3 different accts $676 reported 04/17, $676 reported 08/16 and $644 reported 07/15)

Equifax:   -Midland Funding $692

-Medical has 11 accounts between 12/18-05/19 for a total of approx $4900. There is no name or contact info listed on the report just a partial acct number, total balance and report date.

Also I have 12 student loan accounts listed on all reports with 13 late payments each last late 04/2016.

I would appreciate any tips!

Thanks Again.

Aaron

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AHillCJ wrote:

Thanks so much! Here are the negatives I have.

Experian: -ARS Account Resolution (2 accounts both showing $676 one opened 08/16 and the other 04/17)

-Midland Funding( Credit One Bank Collection opened 03/14 for $692)

- Advanced Collection Bureau(Apartment collection opened on 08/13 for $4,081)

TransUnion: --Midwest Recovery Systems(Medical bill $686 reported 03/19)

- Account Resolution Services (Medical 3 different accts $676 reported 04/17, $676 reported 08/16 and $644 reported 07/15)

Equifax:   -Midland Funding $692

-Medical has 11 accounts between 12/18-05/19 for a total of approx $4900. There is no name or contact info listed on the report just a partial acct number, total balance and report date.

Also I have 12 student loan accounts listed on all reports with 13 late payments each last late 04/2016.

I would appreciate any tips!

Thanks Again.

Aaron

First thing is that Midland will delete upon payment as long as the debt is at least two years old, which yours is. They will delete even if you settle for less than the full balance. Since it's almost six years old, I'd start asking for a 30% payment to settle, and negotiate from there. That'll clear them from EQ and EX.

I don't know about ARS, but I'd start by asking for a pay for delete from them as well. As for the Medicals, those are among the easiest to clear from your reports. Google the HIPAA dispute process and follow the steps exactly as they're laid out. We cannot discuss them in any way on these forums but the info is there and is pretty straightforward.

You have great odds to really clean your reports here - hoping you'll be posting success stories soon!

Message 6 of 12
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Call the healthcare provider associated with ARS and see if they still own the debt.  I believe that ARS tends to just be a debt collector as opposed to a buyer.  

If the healthcare provider still owns the debt, make arrangements. to pay them directly. Then they will recall the debt from ARS and it will disappear from your file.  

Do the same for the Equifax medical -- try to get the names of the contacts and go from there.  

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 7 of 12
AHillCJ

Thanks so much! I am going to work on this starting Tuesday! I am excited to take care of this once and for all!

Message 8 of 12
AHillCJ

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Just thought I would give you guys an update since you gave me such good tips.

So I called Midland Funding and they offered to settle for $345 with deletion upon completion. I am going to take care of that one next week.

-Midwest Recovery which is a medical bill from 2013 that just landed on my credit report this past March and they want at least $465 to remove.

-ARS has 4 accounts. $676, $676, $644 and $1650. The $1650 has not hit my credit yet. They offered to give me a 50% settlement with each account with deletion.

- Doctors Business Bureau which is only on my Equifax says I owe a total of $2600 between 6 medical bills and they will only delete if I pay the entire balance at one time. If I pay each one at a time they will just update as paid.

I'm a little unsure on how to continue with Midwest Recovery since it is so old and also the Doctors Business Bureau. Honestly, I got a little discouraged because it seems like I have so much to pay and I just want it to be paid now but I need to make a budget and stick with it to get this stuff paid off. I was excited to see a decent score however with all of this money I owe it's hard to stay excited!

Thanks for listening!

Message 9 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Thanks for the update.

💰 Money comes and goes. Derogatories stick with you for 7 years plus 180 days from DOFD Date Of First Delinquency.

Budget the ones you can pay that does PFD.

For reference, EE Early Exclusion request for derogatory that are too old.
TU 6 months early.
EX 3 months early.
EQ 1 month early. Avoid asking EQ.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.